considering making an anthloghy movie.

im considering making an anthology movie. this is serious . i need at least 3 directors/and or writers to collaborate. im also looking for actors and any other profession i haven't mentioned. id prefer Australian people , but im open to overseas people. i have know genre in mind. all i know is an anthology is a great place to start,
brandon

awesome

I'm overseas, but I'd be glad to collaborate. I think something along the lines of comedy, horror, or science fiction sound nice. Keep us posted.

thats great. i had that in mind. i also wouldnt mind crime, drama, or westurn. do you have fb . im setting together a group of interested people

No, I'm not on Facebook. I'll be starting one soon.

Right now I'm shutting down my channel/social networking, and starting up some new ones, so I'll be with a new one. Anyway... I'll keep in contact through IndieTalk (and if needed, email) for the time being :)

alright we can do that

I would be interested in participating by coming up with a short screenplay for someone else to direct.

I have a few questions though:

What resources are available to you?

What will be the process for choosing what the Anthology will be about?

What criteria will need to be adhered to once the choice of Anthology theme/genres is decided?

How will the project as a whole be distributed?

I would be interested in participating by coming up with a short screenplay for someone else to direct.

I have a few questions though:

What resources are available to you?

What will be the process for choosing what the Anthology will be about?

What criteria will need to be adhered to once the choice of Anthology theme/genres is decided?

How will the project as a whole be distributed?

well , PhantomScreenwriter to answer your questions

Q1) What resources are available to you?
A: I have a few standed quality cameras. not the best and bad sound , but enough to work with. for the sound i have a cassette recording device with slightly better sound . picture and sound can be improved . i might see if i can get some more equipment though.

Q2) What will be the process for choosing what the Anthology will be about?
A: I will talk to the people who are working with about what the anthology will be about once the genre is decided

Q3) What criteria will need to be adhered to once the choice of Anthology theme/genres is decided?
A: i have no criteria in mind

Q4) How will the project as a whole be distributed?
At the moment i dont know.

well , PhantomScreenwriter to answer your questions

Q1) What resources are available to you?
A: I have a few standed quality cameras. not the best and bad sound , but enough to work with. for the sound i have a cassette recording device with slightly better sound . picture and sound can be improved . i might see if i can get some more equipment though.

Q2) What will be the process for choosing what the Anthology will be about?
A: I will talk to the people who are working with about what the anthology will be about once the genre is decided

Q3) What criteria will need to be adhered to once the choice of Anthology theme/genres is decided?
A: i have no criteria in mind

Q4) How will the project as a whole be distributed?
At the moment i dont know.

Thanks for answering!
  • You could produce your own short that would act as a headline piece for the Anthology before accepting other shorts to be a part of the project, this would be one way to show that you are serious about this (I don't doubt that you are but some people to see actions taken instead of just words spoken) and gives people an idea of what you are going for.

• Regarding criteria it's important to have some idea of what type of content you are allowing to be submitted for the Anthology - what are some of the boundaries, if any, that you don't want crossed? Things of that nature need to be thought of.

• I know that it's only early stages but pre-production is going to take a long time to get sorted and there's so many things that need to be considered before going into production or having those who wish to submit a short go into production on their ideas. The more prepared you are the better. As for distribution of the Anthology it might be wise to focus on this during the pre-production phase instead of post-production because it will make things much easier in the long run to address it now rather than later.
I think what's needed is an example of any work that you have done yourself or have been involved with so people can see that you have at least a project or two under your belt. The reason is because, especially on the internet, other people need to know that the time they are going to put into this project is with someone who knows what they are doing or has experience in aspects that will be required for this project to become a reality.

A major thing to figure out, before a genre is chosen, is how the collaboration would actually work. Once all those things that need to be sorted out at the beginning are figured out then it will be easier to go into production.

Back