Conflict within stories?

Because while everything's being done, how awesome would it be to do something that's not and get away with it?

So you're interested in experimental filmmaking? Something like Avant garde? Some of the experiemental films I've seen lack conflict and are about creating a mood or psychological resonance.

In terms of drama though, aren't drama and conflict joined at the hip?

So you're interested in experimental filmmaking? Something like Avant garde? Some of the experiemental films I've seen lack conflict and are about creating a mood or psychological resonance.

In terms of drama though, aren't drama and conflict joined at the hip?

No but I would like to try something that kind of breaks rules-always been a bit of a rebel says the Sunday school dropout.

Not necessarily though. If you can blur the lines between the conflict and the theme so much so that the two become one, couldn't that hide the conflict to the point where its almost non existent. Think about the movies where much isn't going on but you just can't look away. Something similar, with an emphasis on diminishing the conflict.

Film is still a new field and innovations are always being thought of, when does inventiveness stop and doing-just-what-everyone-else-does begins?

I guess every story needs conflict to some degree, but can an interesting story be told about someone or something when there isn't any conflict? This is the real question.

Back