• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

College Project - Viral Advert

Nop sure how much promotion it's going to bring to your school. The first time it's mentioned is at 2:30... and at 2:50 we are already saying goodbye.

How does your school define "viral", btw?

well, it was a mixture between a corporate film and a viral advert. The target audience is 16-19, so a typical talking head sequence wasn't going to work. We've all watched films where it's just them plugging their product for however many minutes, and I personally didn't want to do that so thats where my idea came from. Being that I am 20 and my friends are similar ages, Talking heads are boring and the idea had to be 2-3 minutes give or take.

I wanted to create this character who's background is so cool and fun sounding and then the audience hears that he went to LMA, it ties it altogether. I think i could have had some sort of logo at the end just to make it more relevant but on a 2 hour shooting schedule and a 6 hour edit schedule. I think I accomplished what I set out to do.

I think our module describes viral as 'distributed online' but i've heard it varies. My opinion of a viral is a video that is uploaded and then is passed round from person to person via social networking/email/mobile.

Back