• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch College Fashion Show Model Promotion Video

This is my first attempt at making a promotional video. It helped I had beautiful girls to film. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGd_D4QmQdU

I am interested in nice critiques...
I'm a begging film maker. Have been filming since January when I got a video camera. Started in imovie and am now using premier pro (which I used for this video).

I want to improve my skills, so direct me to good videos. I am not totally into making promotional videos, but decided to make these as a class project since I love making videos anyway.

I heartily endorse any product/service that has the words "butte" and "models" in the same breath. :bag:

I am interested in nice critiques

Everything I say is useful; as well as being honest.

You need to stop worrying about which NLE you're using, 'cos if you'd spent the time needed to install Prem Pro on planning your presentation instead, you'd have a better finished edit completed with iMovie.

This is supposed to be BTS, according to the opening text titles. Why are we in the middle of a parking lot? Who are these girls? Why are they strutting their stuff? And why here? Do any of them have anything to say? Which one can talk about what's going on? Are they wearing the clothes they're going to be modeling? Are any of them single? Okay... scratch the last one. :blush:

Every single piece of useful information delivered is in the closing text titles. 0:31 to 0:33

Just 'cos it's supposedly BTS, documentary or advertising, does not mean it can skip a narrative flow. The edit looks rushed and unplanned. Did you have any control over the location, btw? It's a pretty challenging one, for sure. Especially with ambient sound turned on, as well. Why was that? :weird:

Totally not being grumpy. :)

1) Get a tripod. A cheap reliable one for steady non-panning shots is $20 to $30.

2) Have questions to ask. Ask models/people to answer them. They can be loaded soft-ball questions, such as, "Where & when is the model show?" - and have them answering by repeating the info from your question.

2) Your camera shots will come with practise. Keep at it. There's no substitute for doing. You're on the right track. :cool:

I am not totally into making promotional videos

So what are you totally into?

Thank you for your suggestions. They have really helped me in the videos I have been made since. For example on the day of the show I went around asking models questions. I also started using the tripod that came with my zoom recorder. One main problem is that I do not have control over the location or even how the models act. I showed up and filmed while everyone was practicing. No preplanning...(I skip this step for all my videos). I use to think I could just shoot enough footage and edit it together. Next logical step in my video making evolution is to start storyboarding ideas completely.

Well, I am really into trying to make funny short stories and jingles, not videos trying to sell things.

Back