College courses(UK) advice..

I want to be a Video Editor, maybe one day a director! that would be my dream.

I'm going to go to college and I need some advice on courses to take. I want to take a Diploma in ICT and do an A level in Film Studies. They also offer media studies but I heard film studies is more useful and in depth.

After this I want to do a Film making Degree in university. Do you guys know if they would accept an ICT diploma(along with the film studies A level) or do I need a diploma in something like media studies?

The college also offers a diploma in media studies, but I really want to do this ICT course. I am really good at ICT and it would be my backup incase my film career isn't paying the bills. I could easily do some web design for some extra cash or something like that.

I could show you the links to the courses if you like. I am in England so some of the terms might not be familiar with some of you guys if you don't live here.

Hi im currently doing a national diploma in film and television and you learn everything from camerawork to editing and screenwriting and then you can progrees onto a film or tv degree course

Sounds good. The college I want to go to offers Film Studies and Media Studies. heres the link to the courses http://www.brooklands.ac.uk/course_view.asp?id=00191/00642 Media is at page 31 and film studies page 17 in the pdf file.

I think I want to do film studies, I really have no interest in things like magazines and the media. But the problem is the college that has the Film studies course is further and I have some travel issues :grumpy:
What do you guys think, is Media studies any good? I really wanna do film studies but theres the damn travel issues.

if your into film then no. if you want to make films rather then study films then you have to choose carefully. it depends if you want to be a filmmaker or a film critic. check out plymouth college of art and design, the film courses they have in pcad are more hands on but im sure youll find similar course throughout the UK

Back