• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Close-up lighting

hey fellow filmmakers,

I got a question for ya.

In one of the scenes of my project Im having a little trouble figuring out the right lighting for a close-up. Take a look at this clip first: http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=1r6ope&s=7

Im not really sure how am I gonna pull this off. I mean, see those stripes on the wall? (venetian blinds). In the close up theyre gonna have to be visible on the face of the character and he's gonna be lying on the couch. But how do I do that, keeping in mind that I also dont want any grain etc. but a fairly good exposure?

Obviusly leaving it the way it is isnt gonna work cause then the face isnt lit enough nor properly lit.

Well, how would you go about it? Id really love to hear some fresh ideas. :)

Thanks in advance!

Maybe put 1000watt lights outside thee window (30 bucks in hardware store) put red see through shower curtain inside the room for gel? Don't put it over light, stuff will melt

You want a gobo (go between)

Iv never used em, but I hear they are the thing..

You mean like a cookie (cucoloris)? Im not really sure how you had that in mind. I mean, the stripes you see on the wall are already there because I used a cookie with an ARRI 650w FRESNEL. Could you explain how you meant that? :D

Thanks

Back