Clerks II commentary download

A really kick a$$ marketing ploy I read about, a first of it's kind I believe - Kevin Smith is releasing an MP3 of the commentary track for free to download so that people can take their Ipod or portable MP3 players to the theatre and watch it with the commentary on headphones. Now this is a genius marketing move because he has many loyal fans who will shell out more $$$ to see the movie like this a second or even 3rd time. Freakin' BRILLIANT way to get more $$$ from fans, while offering something for the money.

Interesting. I assume you can adjust the volume on your iPod (or whatever device you're using) so that you can hear both the film and the commentary at the same time.

I've never seen rocky in a theater...always been in homes...this town is decrepit ;) there were costumes and food thrown at the screen though :)

Interesting...

I think whats even cooler is how final Destination 3 on DVD will have an "Alternative outcome" you can click on whether people live or die.

now thats pretty cool.

I think I'll just wait for the DVD to come out to listen to Kevins commentary.

you could always watch DJ style get some studio headphones and hold one side up so that way you can listen to the commentary with one ear, and the film with the other ear. Infact maybe I'll try that.

Smith is an innovative marketer and I've always said it. Clerks got a larger following because of Jay and Silent Bob's saga throughout several other movies afterward, and he has garnered a lot of support and interest through the internet. Now this. Cool stuff - I really respect that.

Back