Chris Nolan Man-Crush

The more and more I hear about Inception the less and less I actually want to see it. The same happened with Avatar. Thanks a lot everybody. You ruined two movies for me that I was actually excited about before they hit the theaters. Now if I go see it, I'm already sick of the movie before I even watch the opening credits. Wait, thats not what this is about.

Why does it seem everybody has a man-crush on Nolan? (Besides the women. They have a regular crush on Nolan.)

I had no idea who he was until Inception came out; only learned then that he'd directed a Batman movie.

Don't tell me, he's probably "boyishly handsome" right?

I lack the homoerotic impulse. There's too many desirable women in the world to waste time on "man crushes."

Or are you speaking metaphorically?

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say I've got a man-crush on him, but I definitely am always looking forward to his next piece of work. I'm actually not on the "Inception" bandwagon, though it is a good movie. "Dark Knight", however, is just phenomenal, to me, and I've liked every single one of his movies, except "Insomnia" (and, I'm yet to see "Following").

Also, FYI -- from urban dictionary:

Man Crush: When a straight man has a "crush" on another man, not sexual but kind of idolizing him.

Back