• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

choosing movie title

Got some choices for next movie title.. which one stands out the most, that will catch your eye?

its a short, about husband finding unpleasant guest in his house

"How Dare You?"

"Homewreckers"

"The Art of Eating Out"

Last edited:
"Homewreckers" strikes me as a name for a comedy. If its a comedy movie, then pick this.

If its romantic or romedy, then "the art of eating out" might work. Funny name.

"How Dare You" sounds like a Lifetime drama.

If you instead say "Dining Out," you can remove the overtly sexual association, which only causes those of us who are puerile-minded to uncontrollably giggle.

:haha:
Guilty.

louise-max-pie-a-la-mode.jpg

Last edited:
"How Dare You?" would be my choice of title, as its personal, direct, statement-like prescence feels, as if it grabs from an older genre of film, like "Who's That Knocking On My Door" or "Dial M For Murder".
That's just my personal critique on your selections, as I'd rather draw from a nostalgic cinema audience, or even reintroduce such a style of vintage film making, but I digress, it is your film, and I have no real feel for the content, and emotion that lies in it.

If we're going for a basic "get butts in seats" based purely on title, The Art of Eating Out wins hands down. Why? Sex sells. All the time. Even if you aren't going for the innuendo, people can (and from this thread, obviously did) pick up on it. Homewrecker may have more to do with the film, but it's kinda vague...the film could be about ANYTHING, and doesn't have the same punch. If you want *ahem* deep market penetration, it might not be the best title.

Back