CHICAGO Hospital

Anyone know of a hospital that will allow an independent film to shoot for a day. Not having much luck with any of the hospitals thus far.

That's probably going to be tough. What part of the hospital do you need to shoot in? Can you just dress corporate style buildings hallway with gurneys and 'sick' people?

Or if it's just the ER maybe you can find a family practice doc or chiro who will lend you some space.

I know hospitals a little bit - without going into detail - and I can tell you this. Hospitals are all about liability and privacy. Shooting in a functioning hospital (or nursing home) is out of the question.

One glimmer of hope would be finding a hospital that has sections of it closed (pre-remodeling, pre-demolition, etc) and only then if you are insured to the hilt and sign every waiver known to man. It would take the ultimate in salesmanship and luck without a connection, but the upside would be huge. Volunteer extras that come dressed for the part. Some staff would jump at the opportunity.

I wouldn't want to have the task of trying to get this done because it will be a royal pain at every step. A major motion picture would be challenged, but find something in a national search and they have a check book.

Well understand that locations take money so i am willing to pay for the location. The last time I shot at a hospital it was in a closed wing, but most places are trying to get away from that unless you have Hollywood bucks. I do not. A thousand tops.

Well understand that locations take money so i am willing to pay for the location. The last time I shot at a hospital it was in a closed wing, but most places are trying to get away from that unless you have Hollywood bucks. I do not. A thousand tops.

My area hospitals don't even allow camcorders on the premises now, for example. Not even the parking lot. Documentaries get a little more breathing room, but the approval process requires deep pockets for legal services and/or initiation by the facility.

Try nursing schools. They often have complete mock-ups of hospital rooms with a reasonable facsimile of equipment.

What you need is a hallway with a white floor and a desk at one end of the hall. That doesn't necessarily mean an actual hospital. Maybe a hall of a school, after hours of course...

-- spinner :cool:

Back