Cheap Fabrication Service

Do you guys know of any cheap fabrication shops in NY? I need to metal pet cage, around 30x20in; should be a simple job for a welder, x-ing couple of thin metal rods together. where can I go to get something like that made cheap/fast?

What's that rule of 3 thing? I think I first saw it on here.

It's like there is this triangle, and each corner is 1) Fast 2) Cheap 3) Good

You can only have two of those corners at a time. ie:

It can be fast and cheap, but it won't be good.

It can be good and cheap, but it won't be fast.

It can be fast and good, but won't be cheap.

To answer the OP's question, I'll ask another: is there something wrong with buying a regular dog cage? They aren't that expensive (especially if you are wanting to pay someone to make one). Check out craigslist, I'm sure someone in NY is trying to get rid of a dog cage.

Ah actually the normal pet store cage is just too clean/shiny/new looking; i especially hate the plastic bottom.

Fantastic rule, rule of 3. But in this case, I think cheap, ghetto craftsmanship is what I'm looking for. It's pet cage that a pitifully poor old geezer might have in his home; definitely not pristine new cage straight off from petshop, but something haphazard, cheap thrown together, maybe homemade even.

So instead of buying a new cage and spending tons of time trying to make the grills rusted and bent out of shape, I thought, maybe it would be better to find a cheap welding studio for quick 20min fabrication.

any thoughts? :)

Back