Cheap Blimp worth it?

You can't use a dead cat without a blimp; a dead cat fits over the blimp. You have no idea about the quality the blimp in the picture because it's covered up by a dead cat - which apparently is not included; the ad says you get a blimp. There is no length indicated so you don't know if your mic will fit. There is no brand name so you can't do any research. It's coming from half way around the world, so you have no guarantees that it will arrive at all. If it does arrive the seller has a no return policy, so there's no refund if it's a piece of crap - you'd be out AU $165 when you include shipping. There are no brand names listed on the sellers eBay "store" except for PROAIM - and that site name is up for "sale."

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot boom-pole, but that's just me...

Not disagreeing with our assessment alcove, but there are PLENTY of pictures of the guts of that thing.. did you wait for the page to load and scroll down?

There is a plethora of these India based sellers and they all use the same graphics etc..

I just bought these
http://cgi.ebay.com/Set-6-gear-ring...704?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eac9d2a20

and have to say thew work PERFECT, arrived withing 5 days! One small piece was missing, new part set X2 shipped within 24 hours. So great customer service from that variation..

Wind muffs are a bit different than the blimp/dead cat combination. It sounds slightly different, although 99.99% of folks probably wouldn't notice.

If you have a Rode mic it should fit fine, if you don't have a Rode mic just make sure that your mic is the same diameter as the Rode shotguns, otherwise it might be loose.

Wheat - even after spending the extra few minutes reading the info and a quick Google I would still not get that blimp; it looks flimsy and the no-return policy is a definite turn-off for me.

99.9% Positive feedback

The ebay page states "***FREE ITEMS*** FUR COVER"

Id try it, but for 3X more get the stuff from Adorama or a big supplier. worth the risk ? 99.9% feedback..

I used to buy and sell a lot on eBay, never got ripped off, came close once . I also had a lot of offers from Nigeria to buy laptops I was selling, they offered me $250 for overnight shipping

Last edited:
Back