Cheap 8mm or 16mm Film Cameras?

does anyone know where I can buy something (online) like a Bolex or Arriflex camera, full set?
Something i Would use for short films.

does anyone know where I can buy something (online) like a Bolex or Arriflex camera, full set?
Something i Would use for short films.

Ebay is where I buy all of my stuff but if you dont know what look for, it could be bad.

Do you know what you're looking for? You should considering how much more expensive it is to shoot 16mm than 8mm. Are you looking for sound sync or not?

yes i'd like to sync sound but it doesn't mean it needs to be GREAT quatlity... jus listenable.
I'm still in high school and I've only expierenced with video.
It's just the University I'm attending only has sony cameras. (not close to cinealta)
So i want my work to look professional in college.
hows KINOR or BOLEX?
i found this website

http://www.filmcamerakit.com/

is it any good?

High Def Video

As someone who started with 16mm, you're in good shape if you find a high def consumer grade video camera and learn how to edit on your computer. Unless you are set on the aesthetics of film, the headaches involved in processing (including costs) and transfer to video may not be beneficial to your development.

If you can get your hands on a used HD consumer camcorder, consider going that route.
It will take up less room in your closet. And you'll be able to crank out movies fast.

If you are super set on shooting Super 8mm, I was able to get my film processed at WalMart. I'm not sure if they still do it... But that was quick.

As for 16mm, you can usually cut a deal with the lab for a "camera test."

As someone who started with 16mm, you're in good shape if you find a high def consumer grade video camera and learn how to edit on your computer. Unless you are set on the aesthetics of film, the headaches involved in processing (including costs) and transfer to video may not be beneficial to your development.

If you can get your hands on a used HD consumer camcorder, consider going that route.
It will take up less room in your closet. And you'll be able to crank out movies fast.

If you are super set on shooting Super 8mm, I was able to get my film processed at WalMart. I'm not sure if they still do it... But that was quick.

As for 16mm, you can usually cut a deal with the lab for a "camera test."
I haven't seen any signs at walmart advertising that they still handle super 8, but they might.. At any rate it's not something they do in house, they ship it off, I think to Dwayne's. The only benefit would probably be less shipping cost.

Back