• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Chase Scene

Hey man. I don't think most people here care that much about resolution. You can still have decent cinematography and a good story on a crap camera.

Not sure if you're looking for constructive criticism or just people to watch it or? If you are, I'll share my thoughts, but till then...

its very hard to find serious people to act in a film at New York

No it's not :) The only city with more actors than NYC is LA. If you look around, you'll find plenty for any budget.

Well, you said that you can't find anyone serious to work with, in perhaps the most serious city in the world. I can't say what will work for you, cuz that totally depends on what you wanna do (on a zero-dollar budget). For me, shooting a movie on a (near) zero-dollar budget meant that I would tap the (talent) resources of my citie's local university. College students will work for peanuts on big projects, or for free on small projects. I'm quite sure there are plenty of other areas in which you can find some really talented people to work with -- community theater, maybe?

To be frank, though, before you can get the really talented people to work with you, you're probably going to need to have some kind of reputation built up, or some kind of worthy production work to show. I don't intend to be rude or insulting, but this film that you've posted isn't going to attract the talent that will take your productions to the next level.

So, my honest advice is to just keep plugging along, do as best as you can with your friends who are willing to volunteer, and the KEY COMPONENT is going to be YOU. In your position, you've got to do a ton of research, lots of test-footage, compare what you're getting with what else is out there, look for critiques, constantly criticize yourself more than anyone else does. In a nutshell, you've got to perfect the basics of filmmaking. Just a small handful of simple concepts that actually do require some practice to get down.

It is my opinion that the place to start is the basics of photography. Learn how to compose a single still photograph. If you're reading into terms like "the rule of thirds", "balance", and "framing", you've found the right place.

Best wishes!

For example...???

What kinds of examples are you looking for?

How many actors have you personally contacted? How many of them
told you they would not be in your film unless you paid them a lot of
money?

How serious are you? It’s hard to find serious actors if you aren’t serious.
How did you show these actors that even though you have no budget
you are serious about making the best film you can? What, exactly, did
you do?

Before actors Hunt for persons to collaberate with - a serious camera/sound/writer.= -
form alliances/partnerships - then get some actors to fulfil your vision to a serious level.

I wish you all the best - respectfully Jim.

quality sucks i know just hit 480p it will be better i did not have hd camera 4 years ago... just wanted to show u what i made. its very hard to find serious people to act in a film at New York so that's all i have for now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFI9iNMdGZA&feature=related

short film actors in new york on starnow, over 4500 !!!!!!!

http://www.starnow.co.uk/headshots/...&gender=e&age=18-99&category_id=38&order_by=n

short film actors in my city, 20 !!!!!!!!!

all the things you need for film-making are much more accessible these days, kids are running around with expensive equipment making pretend music videos and call of duty videos. get a short script, get the equipment, find the actors, make a film. :)

short film actors in new york on starnow, over 4500 !!!!!!!

http://www.starnow.co.uk/headshots/...&gender=e&age=18-99&category_id=38&order_by=n

short film actors in my city, 20 !!!!!!!!!

all the things you need for film-making are much more accessible these days, kids are running around with expensive equipment making pretend music videos and call of duty videos. get a short script, get the equipment, find the actors, make a film. :)

wow thanks man that was very helpful

i got 80 page script and i am new here who can i talk to about it ???
Here's the fun/tricky part.

"Yes!" you/I have a script. Great. Wonderful. Whoop-tee-doo.

Do you or I have a script that A) is within our budget and B) within our resource pool?

Ahh... ! Well, now that changes things.

There are scripts that are pie-in-the-sky because, frankly, no matter how clever and thought-out they may be I simply don't have either the budget or talent (in front of or behind the camera). I just can't do "THIS" project right "NOW!"

So... now what?

I gotta fabricate a story/screenplay within my resource limitations while saving that big budget <cough, cough> (might "only" be a... $10K, $20K, might-as-well-be-a $Million! budget) for some other day.

Long/short: Work within your resource pool. Be patient with the rest.

Don't be frustrated or discouraged.
Be motivated. Be creative.

GL & GB

Ray

Back