tv Channel 101 & AcceptableTV

I love Dan Harmon. Not in the way that would make me want to wear his skin as a kilt, but in the way that one heterosexual man loves another possibly heterosexual man. And Dan Harmon is just the TIP of a complicated and beautiful iceberg of comedy.

Of course, I'm talking about Dan Harmon of Channel 101 fame.... or do you have no clue what I'm talking about?

If not, then PLEASE go watch everything on Channel 101. It's basically a "series" web-tv "channel" that is controlled by a live audience as far as the cancellation and arrival of new "pilots" and serieses goes. OK, perhaps it explains it better over there, but to give you a bit of a headstart.... look for "Gregory Shitcock: Handicapped PI", "The Most Extraordinary Space Investigations" (Sarah Silverman joins the cast in this one!) and "Laser Fart" (look for Jack Black in two episodes, as well as the series "Computerman") for some of my favorites. They're in Cancelled Shows (had their respective runs).

But a new development has recently surfaced: Acceptable.tv

It seems that the Channel 101 crew garnered enough popularity to be picked up by VH1. Now, they're producing shows with budgets (yet still amazingly low-budget tounge-in-cheek style) for a regular half hour show full of 3min "web style series" that are determined by the user input on the website.

Ultimately, the Channel 101ers have begun a template for the democratization of Television, and the merging of web/cable content. Incredible. I'd suggest watching this develop... not only because it will possibly be a new type of template, but also because you can submit your own stuff! It's yet another way to "break in". PLUS, it's the funniest fucking shit I've ever seen!

Oh yeah- and for us "filmmakers", they've gone and put together some AWESOME tutorials with Dan Harmon, Jason Roiland, and Jack Black. Check them out.

Check it, boys and (rare) girls. Let me know your minds.

Last edited:
I've been a big fan of Channel 101 ever since they started. :cool: (Well, pre-Cinespace, at any rate)

I tried really hard to get some of my local film-maker friends involved, but they were too "busy" or just didn't see it as being useful. Pissed me off no end. :(

All the guides for ITOOFC used to have links to some of Dan's writing guidelines, too, as well as Channel 101. Very handy for new (and even older) writers to get a grip on 5-minute content production.

Thanks, Dan Harmon & Rob Schrab!
smiley_pac.gif

p.s. Don't watch the very early interpretation of "Jaws 4" unless you have some sandpaper nearby to scrub your eyeballs with, afterwards.

I heard about Channel 101 from Andy Samberg when he was Conan one night. I've been a fan ever since. Who could forget Jesus Christ, Super Cop. :lol: I really hope the VH1 thing doesn't destroy what they have.

I heard about Channel 101 from Andy Samberg when he was Conan one night. I've been a fan ever since. Who could forget Jesus Christ, Super Cop. :lol: I really hope the VH1 thing doesn't destroy what they have.

That's the beauty of the Harmon. Channel 101 is still going, and also, he says if VH-1 ever asks him to do something he doesn't want to, he'll walk away. He says they're pretty good about it on his blog though- as far as networks go. There's some red tape, but he's allowed to bitch about it as much as he likes!

Back