Celtx Auto Complete

Uranium City

Pro Member
indiePRO
This is probably really easy, but can someone please tell me how to turn off auto-complete while writing in Celtx? I want to type the character's name to indicate dialog, but since the character's name appeared just above in the script in an action segment, Celtx wants to add everything from that action segment after the character's name. Thanks for helping this old dog learn a new trick.

This is probably really easy, but can someone please tell me how to turn off auto-complete while writing in Celtx? I want to type the character's name to indicate dialog, but since the character's name appeared just above in the script in an action segment, Celtx wants to add everything from that action segment after the character's name. Thanks for helping this old dog learn a new trick.

Hi, U.C.

I think I know what you are trying to fix :huh:

full of maybes from here on:

I don't think it has anything to do with if a Characters name appeared just above in an action line. But I've had a couple odd jumbles happen, so I don't know what all CELTX is capable of....

Click the 'Reports' tab under your script.-- On the left-hand box named 'Reports', make sure you're on 'Dialogue'. Then, in the upper-right-hand box named 'Character', you'll see 'ALL' your charcters names. Scroll down the names and make sure there aren't Two names of that character in the list. Or in your case, an extra name followed by a line of dialoge. :) If there are such anomolies, click on that troublesome name to see which scene number it's on.

Now, go back to 'Script' mode and find that scene and exact character name anomoly. I'm thinking it's as easy as going to the very end of that name in question and hit 'delete'. If the dialouge doesn't hop up into the CHARACTERS name and capitalize the crap out of itself, then it's good. [If it does, just hit enter. It'll hop back down where it should be.] Basically you are making sure there isn't a 'space' after the CHARACTER'S name. A space after a name makes it a different name. I'm thinking somewhere along the line you accidently did that.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I misunderstood.
:D
Margo

Last edited:
Back