phones-apps Cell Phone Cam Alternatives to DSLR?

Hi. What cell phone is best for achieving cinematic or rich texture-look quality? I presently have a Panasonic Lumix GH3 DSLR camera from 2015 and it still works fine. But I dislike how heavy it is. I'd rather have a phone I can easily carry on me instead of dealing with a DSLR which I have to lock up for theft prevention. I'm amateur level with phones and vid cameras. I can't keep up with how fast tech changes. Since 2015 it seems the cams are now filming to look like movies - maybe even without attachments.

If it's not too much trouble I'm open to attachments too. But all my iphones are also from 2015. Of course I've read things like " Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021" at Videomaker but I'm hoping to get firsthand insights form the wisdom of the crowd. Thank you.

How does the new iPhone14PRO stack up these days? Woud it be good enough mounted on a gimbal for shooting a 2K 'slow' running scene on a sunny midday through mediocre density woods, in folow mode (ie. following behind the actor), and also shooting sideways (ie. running along side the actor), with fill lighting from the top of the gimbal aimed at the subject, and some LED flood lights hidden behind trees on the other side of the subject, such that the actor runs along a path that is lined with trees, and every so often we have ground level and some high level LED clear-white lights.
Thoughts?
I have the 14 Pro (I only upgrade every two years), and I don't see why you couldn't get those shots. Earlier in this thread, I posted a short I shot on the 11 Pro and it looked pretty good, so the 14 Pro will only be better.

How does the new iPhone14PRO stack up these days? Woud it be good enough mounted on a gimbal for shooting a 2K 'slow' running scene on a sunny midday through mediocre density woods, in folow mode (ie. following behind the actor), and also shooting sideways (ie. running along side the actor), with fill lighting from the top of the gimbal aimed at the subject, and some LED flood lights hidden behind trees on the other side of the subject, such that the actor runs along a path that is lined with trees, and every so often we have ground level and some high level LED clear-white lights.
Thoughts?
The 14pro would be great for all those shots.

Look into the Blackmagic iPhone app. It offers more control than the
built-in camera.

I have the 14 Pro (I only upgrade every two years), and I don't see why you couldn't get those shots. Earlier in this thread, I posted a short I shot on the 11 Pro and it looked pretty good, so the 14 Pro will only be better.
Thanks for this. We shall have a go at some initial photography when the weather is back in our favour (ie. we have a sunny day). So I'll report back when I can.

Back