Canon T3i / 600D RAW Finally available!

heres my crappy little test that i did when i got my new SIGMA 18-35mm 1.8 today (lens is heavier than i expected) its shaky but i literally had the lens in my hand for couple of minutes so still need time to adjust to the weight change.

I will try to do an experimental video with some interesting shots, im still figuring out how to effectively use the RAW size options.

this isnt scaled but i think it may have been stretched i will have to investigate more..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoQkdMPOquE

This isn't a very expansive test, but I did it right before bed, just messing around.

I made it double blind, read to the bottom of the description for answers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mHW2aD_e3c

I plan to do some more with a mini-project later this week. Hopefully that turns out, and I'll share it.

I had trouble with this test because of additional variables, that is, the dof was different on each shot. That made the side by side useless (to me). I might do the same test myself, as I have a 5d3 I can use (although I really hate the idea of backing off my firmware version).

I would like to see this test with the camera fixed such that there's no resizing, the lens fixed, and some light and dark detail in focus on the top and bottom. That would give 3 things to evaluate, none of which interfere with each other (motion artifacts, light detail, dark detail).

I had trouble with this test because of additional variables, that is, the dof was different on each shot. That made the side by side useless (to me). I might do the same test myself, as I have a 5d3 I can use (although I really hate the idea of backing off my firmware version).

I would like to see this test with the camera fixed such that there's no resizing, the lens fixed, and some light and dark detail in focus on the top and bottom. That would give 3 things to evaluate, none of which interfere with each other (motion artifacts, light detail, dark detail).

That was the original plan, I promise, just got time crunched/lazy. Will have a more effective test done when I have the time away from work or shooting

Back