Canon HV30

I just received my HV30 this morning. I've been playing around with it all morning. It came with a Jag Adapter...

Can you recommend me some affordable lenses. ($100-$300)

Thanks. :yes:

Yeah, depending on the mount, all the standard focal lengths.

28, 35, 50, 85, 135

With a 28, a 50, and 135 being the minimum. The 50 will be dirt cheap, the 28 will be a llittle more, and the 135 will likely be the most expensive.

the JAG will have either a Canon mount OR a Nikon mount .. which one ???

Id suggest geeting a 24 , a 50 an 85 and a 135mm lens that would give you maximum flexibility.

Id also recommend if it is Canon mount, getting an 18-55 lens with image stabilization for mobile shots.

Oh sorry. It's canon.

I meant brands really. I'm new to this kind of thing and i want to get into depth of field. Does that have anything to do with the lens?

Nope. The only thing you need to know is that longer focal lengths (in mm) and smaller f-stop numbers equals shallower depth of field. Different lens brands may have slightly different aesthetics, but Canon and Nikon lenses with the same focal length and aperture should have the same depth of field.

Depth of field is basically a range of what is in focus. You have shallow and deep depth of field, the former meaning having a small part of your shot in focus and the the latter meaning the opposite.

I suggest you google terms like depth of field, aperture, shutter speed etc. if you're not sure about them and read up on the basics.

Last edited:
Back