Can anyone help me?

Hi
So Im just starting to direct some short films and I only have windows movie maker is there any better programs out there that are free? I'm new to this business!

So Im just starting to direct some short films and I only have windows movie maker is there any better programs out there that are free?

I think that it depend on your tasks. If you dont like Windows Movie Maker, i can recommned VideoCharge Studio.

It soft have lot of functions which can simplify your work, for example, batch mode, watermarking, creating thumbnails and more other good functions!

There aren't many free video editing porgrams out there. I'd suggest you spend a few $$$ and get an old version of Premiere Elements, Sony Vegas or Ulead Video Studio. Shouldn't be more than 50$ or so but will make your life so much easier. You'll get work done a lot fast in those programs than you will in tha clunky movie maker.
You can also look for Trial Versions of those programs first. They are free and will work for 30 days.

There really isn't a whole lot in the way of NLE software available freely. If you're willing to install linux (really easy to do, and use the days with releases like ubuntu), you could give cinelerra a whirl. That's probably the best free option around, but it's only for linux.

You can always download the Vegas Pro 30day trial. That is enough time to crank out a couple of edits at least. If you are willing to flatten your computer and reinstall the OS you can use the demo more than once. Not a great way to live, but works in a pinch (especially if you need to do a fresh install anyway, ask me how I know. :) )

Also, there is this for the linux crowd:

http://www.linuxmovies.org/

Back