Camera Shakiness without Tripod/Monopod?

With the inability to buy a tripod or a monopod until I show my parents a good movie (and show I am commited, etc.). I looked on Vimeo's video school, they suggest to buy a pod of some type. Is there any way other than buying a pod to stop the shakiness? Or does it come with practice?
Thank you!

The Catch-22 is that you can't show your parents a good movie until you get a tripod!!!

Open a lemonade stand. Take the $20 you make and go to Wal-Mart. Get a tripod.

Boom. I'm like a problem-solving superhero. ;)

I would take the stringpod over the mini-tripod. That mini-tripod is made for dads taking pictures of their kids on vacation. Handheld is better than the mini-tripod.

I believe I can now see why [thanks to Google.]
Though, the nuts and bolts on a camcorder. I'm clueless about where it would go.
[I own a JVC GZ-MS110 - Cheap Camera, I know]

You could use this limitation as a creative advantage.

Your camera doesn't need to be on a tripod to be steady. You can set it atop a stack of books on a table, or a kitchen counter, or nestle it in a beanbag on the floor.

Some of the most boring looking shots in cinema are shots from a tripod set as high as your eye usually is. Boring. Show me something from down low or up high, angles we don't see when we're walking around.

String pod and what uranium city said for
The win

I started off using a tring pod when i did photography when i was a kid back then (about 15 years ago) back then it was called looking stupid... To day its called being inovative...

I also used to walk around with a small door shim in my pocket so that if i wanted to set done on something i could make it level... Instead of doing this i would suggest again what uranium said

You could use this limitation as a creative advantage.

Your camera doesn't need to be on a tripod to be steady. You can set it atop a stack of books on a table, or a kitchen counter, or nestle it in a beanbag on the floor.

Some of the most boring looking shots in cinema are shots from a tripod set as high as your eye usually is. Boring. Show me something from down low or up high, angles we don't see when we're walking around.

I tried this, and I must say I got some really nice shots.
It was this morning, after reading your message. It isn't as flexible as I wish, but, it really did help. [Except for pressing the record button, it jerked a bit] Will Upload Soon to YouTube [Vimeo for my good videos only!]

As for the last video, thanks! It was so much easier than the step-by-step through pictures and stuff. [I also figured out where my tripod is supposed to go, thanks]. I'm in the process of looking for the stuff I need currently.

Back