Camera Moves Up Through Ceiling

sfoster

Staff Member
I'd like to do a VFX shot where someone gets into an elevator, then the camera moves up through the ceiling to the next floor and watches them exit the elevator.

Does anyone know of any tutorial or method to accomplish this ?

Well, it can be done without such a wide image. It can actually be any size you want. In which case, this effect is very easily done, though it would take longer for me to explain it rather than just doing it.

You wouldn't even need to do all the stuff that guy in the tutorial is talking about, you could just shoot the footage and move on (possibly take a few photos for reference, though not necessary)

it's an hour away from me but once I get some test footage I'll post it here.

Where is this statement in the post? I thought he said the camera was just looking straight ahead at the elevator.

True my phrasing was not correct, but when the camera is on the floor, you look 'under ones nose', when the camera is near the ceiling, you look down on top of their hair, even when looking straight ahaed.

Cool tutorial, but it looks like it restricts all the camera action to the background, because the 3D effects are projected on the foreground.
If you try this while the character walks away from the camera to the elevator and from the elevator towards the camera, you'll have a hard time making it look real.
If al the action is in the background, and the used locations are simple enough, this can perfectly work.

True my phrasing was not correct, but when the camera is on the floor, you look 'under ones nose', when the camera is near the ceiling, you look down on top of their hair, even when looking straight ahaed.

Cool tutorial, but it looks like it restricts all the camera action to the background, because the 3D effects are projected on the foreground.
If you try this while the character walks away from the camera to the elevator and from the elevator towards the camera, you'll have a hard time making it look real.
If al the action is in the background, and the used locations are simple enough, this can perfectly work.

The character will be in the elevator the whole time, no blocking while this upward effect is in action

That's not the method I would use, I was just using that as an example.

Back