Camera ideas?

"I just think if you had to choice between manual exposure and manual white balance, exposure control wins."

Even the cheapest Canon's have both (old zr40's do), so I would actually question someones judgement for buying a cam lacking one or the other. I think that's what I was getting at. :)

I also agree that you can get away without using the tungsten or daylight filters shooting the wrong film stock, but it is easier to deal with in film, because of the nature of films dynamic range. Video can be fixed, but it will take more than altering the color in the telecine (or workprint process) to do it. So, in that regard I think tape is less forgiving (due to many factors, compression being the primary one).

The 3ccd Panasonic out there at the best buys of the world gives a good picture. We've bought 2 of them for backup cams and they've been better than expected. They come with package deals including bag and tripod for around 650.00 (not the newest model out next month though). Be warned they are tiny. They seem like less of a camera because of that.

I would suggest the GS200, it has a manual focus ring and a few other features. And you can take production and set photos and would look better than a Polaroid. I have the GS120 and it works great.. Low Light is a no, no though. If you could afford it, get the 200, that's my advice. I wish I did. I would love to have a manual focus ring..

What do you have instead CootDog?

I have a GS120 (as well as a DVX) and it has a manual focus ring. The focus rings on any of these consumer cameras are going to be somewhat tricky to use. Anyone have experience with manual focus and the GS200?

Well now, what do you know! I guess that shows how much I've been using my little camera lately! Thanks for the correction Coot :)

Back