burning to dvd with pinnacle studio 9.0

im trying to burn my short to dvd with pinnacle studio 9.0. Yes i have a dvd burner and right now when i go into pinnacle, get out my movie, go to disc, and settings, the burn dvd options dont come up. its selected on burn content but not dvd, and it wont let me choose anything else. anyone with pinnacle that can help me?? i need this by tommorrow for school.

I cannot answer your Q specifically, sorry...

If worst comes to worst, start browsing through your Start Menu (if on Windows XP) and look for alternate bundled DVD burning software. If you bought a Dell or HP (or other name-brand comp) you'll find a lot of software that was installed that you've never used, let alone seen.

Failing *that*, export your movie back to DV tape and bring that to school. If you're planning on showing it to class, borrow a camera from the school if you don't have one of your own.

The show must go on!

:)

Studio 9

adamthegreat said:
im trying to burn my short to dvd with pinnacle studio 9.0. Yes i have a dvd burner and right now when i go into pinnacle, get out my movie, go to disc, and settings, the burn dvd options dont come up. its selected on burn content but not dvd, and it wont let me choose anything else. anyone with pinnacle that can help me?? i need this by tommorrow for school.

Been a while since I've even opened Studio 9 up...

Let's see... If I remember correctly, you go to your movie file... Then at the top, click on Make Movie. On the left hand side (I just opened it up), you should have the following tabs to click on:

Tape
AVI
MPEG
Stream
Disc

So of course, you should click on Disc.

If you do not have those 6 tab choices, I would imagine you have a problem... You might want to go to Setup at the top nav bar and check your settings... Or, click on the Settings button at the top right.

Be sure to close down most (if not all) of the programs running in the background (Ctrl-Alt-Delete --then click on a program and shut it down). You might want to do this BEFORE opening Studio.

Anyway, from there (assuming you have the tabs) just click on the GREEN "CREATE DISC" button and start burning...

Hope that helps...
Good luck.

filmy

Last edited by a moderator:
thats what ive been trying film jumper, but it just renders and doesnt burn. when i click on settings undder disc, a thing is selected that says render content but dont burn. and it wont let me select anything else. ive tried on 2 different computers. ive tried after uploading my movie as dv quality and an mpeg, nothing works.

Sounds like a driver problem...

adamthegreat said:
thats what ive been trying film jumper, but it just renders and doesnt burn. when i click on settings undder disc, a thing is selected that says render content but dont burn. and it wont let me select anything else. ive tried on 2 different computers. ive tried after uploading my movie as dv quality and an mpeg, nothing works.

Not sure but could be an incompatibility problem with your DVD burner and Studio. Have you downloaded the latest updates? Every time I open that damn program I have to download an update...

filmy

Back