BTS of a local cinema... Starring... ME!

Heh, time for a haircut, shaggy :D

Very cool, how you used to thread the one film through several projectors! Never knew that could be done. :cool:

They added pulleys on the walls. It's super cool. Cutting room floor for my fave thing I'd said though. "It used to be very steam punk, now it's cyber punk."

Cutting room floor for my fave thing I'd said though. "It used to be very steam punk, now it's cyber punk."

Good one! I would have kept that gem had I been producing the piece. :yes:

Digital projection is pretty amazing, eh? Click of a button, baby! Although there is still something really awesome about physical film getting lit up and projected. Kinda like the same feeling of playing a vinyl record with a needle.

Can't stop progress...

@richy, which theatre? and thanks… I have done some, quite a bit of musical theatre in High School (way back when puppies were the oldest animals)… and a few appearances for short film work.

@Flicker, I would have loved to have been a projectionist when we were 35mm, but I got there too late. Part of why I was hired was my background in IT and working with Databases. Their digital "projectionist" was moving on to a bigger, better job elsewhere and they were looking for someone to take it over who could ramp up quickly and be able to troubleshoot new/novel system problems as they arose… I had a decade career doing just that.

Point. We getting Atmos! soon!!! :abduct: So pleased about that.

Awesome. Well, you look sharp. You need to be cast in front of the camera some more too. :yes:

Edit: Oh wait! The website says it's already here! Could it be? I haven't been to the theater in a few weeks, so...

Last edited:
We're still a 5.1 theater, but ours is an old theater purchased from an older company and moving 17 auditoriums to digital was expensive enough without having to update the audio setup as well.

Awww, sorry, Knightly. :(

Okay, I won't get my hopes up to high then, Will. Great resource. Hey, 300: Rise of an Empire now playing. :)

Back