• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Brotherhood - First ever short film

Hey guys, I've been on here for awhile, and done little action clips and stuff, but never tried making an actual short film with stories and plots and such. Until today at least. I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys on how you thought it was. I know the audio is terrible, it's straight from the Rebel T3i I used, and once I get more of a crew, I'll have enough people to get someone to use my audio gear lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCZ4Gmj5dCA

Thank you all for your opinions and support!

P.S. if you have a recent video and or film that you would like me to review, please post on here, I'd be glad to share my opinions as well!

Story felt incomplete (very vague, in general, too).

But 'grats on finishing your first real short film! Aside from sound, what else do you think you learned? Playing around with lighting can really help out a film's look, too. :)

That was what I was doing mostly. "What happens if I move this here? Oh that looks pretty good!"

I learned how hard it is to film the whole thing in under 3 hours lol. Fitting everything together, trying to tie a plot together and then jump in to act in one of the main roles was a challenge. I'm hoping the more I practice, the better and easier it will get. I plan on trying to get these out weekly.

And thank you for taking the time to watch it.

I would strongly suggest flagging the light off the background and lighting the background separately with either cuckuloris or slash of light,cause plain walls are very flat. That will sell the look of high contrast on the face much better

Back