• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

Broken Promises : A short animation.

Broken Promises:

The darkness of war eats life out of life.
Hello everyone,
Here is my latest work. Hope you find it interesting. :) Do let me know how you feel about it.

Thank you!
edit: for some reason, the video isn't playing here. Please click on it to go to youtube to watch it. It would mean a lot to me. My apologies for the trouble.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Really nice work once again, I think you're building towards a really useful animation style for your content.

You might find it interesting to check out the animations of "Steve Cutts", who explores similar themes. I've found him to be an inspiration in the world of short form animation.

My only thought, and this is probably beyond obvious, is that you could benefit from gradually scaling these up in both scale and detail over time. I just mean make a conscious effort to track metrics between each video, and challenge yourself to make each one 10% more ambitious than the last. Think multidimensionally. a 1 minute video doesn't necessarily have to be 1:10 the next iteration, it could be 30 seconds with 220% more animation detail on screen, etc.

You're doing great, I'm just relaying what's worked for me. I try to make each new project better than the last in some way. I don't always succeed, and sometimes it's so much work that I end up getting burned out and actually making something worse, but overall, it's a net win.

Hey Nate. Really, cant thank you enough for your amazing feedback. You are so right about scaling up that way. This is indeed something I will keep in mind on my next project. That is the only way to improve. It took me some time to decipher the meaning behind your thought but man your thought is exactly what I need. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge! You are right again about the burning out part. When I started working on this one, I had no idea of the scale of this one. I was actually getting so stretched in so many directions, I almost felt like abandoning this one. I am so happy that you liked it. :) Really motivates me to be better.
Really nice work once again, I think you're building towards a really useful animation style for your content.

You might find it interesting to check out the animations of "Steve Cutts", who explores similar themes. I've found him to be an inspiration in the world of short form animation.

My only thought, and this is probably beyond obvious, is that you could benefit from gradually scaling these up in both scale and detail over time. I just mean make a conscious effort to track metrics between each video, and challenge yourself to make each one 10% more ambitious than the last. Think multidimensionally. a 1 minute video doesn't necessarily have to be 1:10 the next iteration, it could be 30 seconds with 220% more animation detail on screen, etc.

You're doing great, I'm just relaying what's worked for me. I try to make each new project better than the last in some way. I don't always succeed, and sometimes it's so much work that I end up getting burned out and actually making something worse, but overall, it's a net win.

Nate, man, your message literally made my day today. I am honored and grateful to you and i just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your message because today, otherwise was a dark day. Depression has been my unusual friend throughout my life and today I woke up with a lot of baggage and your message made me feel the good part of life again. During these troubled times when world is busy with hatred and anger, I found hope and life in your message. So, thank you. :)

Well, life can be..... a bit depressing at times. Whenever you feel depressed, just remember that almost everyone hides it when they are down, and you're never actually as alone as it feels like.

I'll tell you what I like about your work so far. There's two kinds of filmmakers on the internet today. People who are trying to draw attention to themselves, and just doing the least amount of work possible to get the most attention, and people that have stories and ideas they are driven to share with the world. One path is shallow, and you get a lot of feedback fast, which feels good but evaporates quickly. The other you can build on, and while not as fast to generate likes and money, it contributes to the world around you, and makes you stronger each year. I think you're the good kind of filmmaker.

Last edited:
I know what you mean about your first point about depresson. It may feel like I am alone but lo and behold, there I was, watching Taxi driver back in 2008, it almost felt like people responsible behind that movie were telling me 'we know how you feel'. That shot of the pill getting dissolved in water and the slow sinking of the background noise and the rise of that hiss sound and that slow zoom in into Travis' numb face. It touched me. From that point onwards I realised I am never alone. I have my tribe. Just the way I am able to connect with you here on this platform.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your beautiful compliment but I am just a mere fan of my heroes and all I can do is copy them :D I couldn't have said it better about the second point as well. I have always loved the love the great giants of cinema have had for the language of 'cinema'. I, like so many of us, have found the actual beauty of life in their work. These people have given their lives to create something so beautiful, that shows us and makes us feel about the true depth of life. This feeling is timeless. Doesn't matter how many times I see 'The Master', I still learn and feel so many new things each time I watch it. They never work for money or for fame(although they do work for money but only because they want to work on the next project :D haha). Like Martin Scorsese said in one of his interviews, you do it because you have to do it. They are my true inspiration in life.

This has to be the best compliment I have ever received in life and I will ever receive in life. Thank you, man. Your words give me strength and hope. You are an amazing human being, Nate. Simply amazing.
Well, life can be..... a bit depressing at times. Whenever you feel depressed, just remember that almost everyone hides it when they are down, and you're never actually as alone as it feels like.

I'll tell you what I like about your work so far. There's two kinds of filmmakers on the internet today. People who are trying to draw attention to themselves, and just doing the least amount of work possible to get the most attention, and people that have stories and ideas they are driven to share with the world. One path is shallow, and you get a lot of feedback fast, which feels good but evaporates quickly. The other you can build on, and while not as fast to generate likes and money, it contributes to the world around you, and makes you stronger each year. I think you're the good kind of filmmaker.

Back