• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

British indie filmmaker looking for concepts...

You know the feeling: all prepped up and ready to go, you have the desire, the dedication needed, but no script. Bollocks!

Hey there everyone, I'm stuck for an idea but have all the equipment and personel you could ever need. If one of you has an idea that you'd like shown but lack the means, I'm your man. Write your concept below (or MSN adress for privacy) and we'll talk... can't wait :D

SHORT FILMS ONLY!!

Welcome Grasshopper!

I'm one of the audio guys here.

Keep in mind that the search function is your friend. Everyone here is always very glad to help you out, but a lot of the "basics" questions have been asked and answered many times.

And always remember:

"Sound is half of the experience"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCyJRXvPNRo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCyJRXvPNRo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Old man, how is it that you hear these things?"

"Young man, how is it that you do not?"

ok, I'll start...

- Either he open's his box, throws crums at him and the birds attack (leaving a victory for the Old man)

- Or, turning it into a satirical advert: he throws the crums down infront of the reaper and he finds them irresistable. cut back to the Old Mans kitchen table and perfectly presented is a loaf of "Finest Hover"

Personally, I'd scrap the 2nd option but that's what this is all about... spitballing.

See, it's eas..., just start writing and see where it takes you

Last edited:
Heres an Idea for you.

Craft up a short script for the newbies Filmmakers. Something not very location specific and can be shot in a day. Make it a competition where you get to judge who did the best job of realizing your vision.

I'm thinking...

Old man. He ALWAYS carries a tupperware box round in his overcoat full of breadcrums.

He routinely walks around his local park throwing crums to the birds, he's keeping busy till the ol' reaper comes-a-knocking

And sure enough, enter the reaper...

He's banging on about the old man's final journey and whatnot while, unbeknown to him, the old man has a trick up his sleeve:

- Either he open's his box, throws crums at him and the birds attack (leaving a victory for the Old man)

- Or, turning it into a satirical advert: he throws the crums down infront of the reaper and he finds them irresistable. cut back to the Old Mans kitchen table and perfectly presented is a loaf of "Finest Hover"

Personally, I'd scrap the 2nd option but that's what this is all about... spitballing.

See, it's eas..., just start writing and see where it takes you

REAPER
Hey, that's not funny, old man, theirs a sparrow in my rib cage and a pigeon just stained my cloak!

Heres an Idea for you.

Craft up a short script for the newbies Filmmakers. Something not very location specific and can be shot in a day. Make it a competition where you get to judge who did the best job of realizing your vision.

oooh, I like that verry much!! have you ever tried anything like it?

hahaha, very good! lol he falls, victory music... that happens ^ ...then he kills him with one swoop :)

The old man is so surprised at deaths comments, that he has a heart attack... but death is too busy laughing and he cant reap the old mans soul..

The old man, opens one eye.. still waiting for Death .... his soul gets up, leaving his body on the ground.. following after death...

OLD MAN
Hey, Now what?

The old man is so surprised at deaths comments, that he has a heart attack... but death is too busy laughing and he cant reap the old mans soul..

The old man, opens one eye.. still waiting for Death .... his soul gets up, leaving his body on the ground.. following after death...

OLD MAN
Hey, Now what?

hahaha, yeah, i can see that lol!

(maybe a post credit scene of him continuing his normal life with the tupperware box + birds exept he's a ghost)

Hey Chuck,

I wrote a short film which I was going to direct but Actors pulled out and other stuff blah blah.

Anyway,

the concept is of a guy who finds a pocket watch where he can turn back time, he goes into a waiting room where he reads a magazine, he see's an advert inside of an expensive luxury watch. As a man walks into the room, he stops time and notcies the man is wearing this watch, he drops his pocket watch and retrieves the expensive one off the mans wrist - then turns back and steps on his magic watch by accident rendering it useless, it ends with him "stuck" in time as a sort of comuppence. I wrote the script, it's called "In Time Of Greed". You could take in any feel or direction you wanted :)

cheers,

Sam

Hey
I have some questions:
1) What role are you intending to take, it sounds like you're offering a production deal, - which would make you a producer, but then your bio says "Director (dop)" - i'm confused.
2) Have you really got acess to "all the equipment and personel you could ever need"? - I don't mean to sound sceptical but this is one hell of a claim to make - especially since your display picture is (unless i'm mistaken) a sony Z1E which you could pick up for about £3500 - no offence but this is hardly the sign of unlimited rescorces.

Hope this project goes well for you,
reguards,
SMITH

Hey
I have some questions:
1) What role are you intending to take, it sounds like you're offering a production deal, - which would make you a producer, but then your bio says "Director (dop)" - i'm confused.
2) Have you really got acess to "all the equipment and personel you could ever need"? - I don't mean to sound sceptical but this is one hell of a claim to make - especially since your display picture is (unless i'm mistaken) a sony Z1E which you could pick up for about £3500 - no offence but this is hardly the sign of unlimited rescorces.

Hope this project goes well for you,
reguards,
SMITH

haha, your right, you are.
-I guess we run in very different circles, I have all the equipment and personel any student hobbyist just starting out (i.e: me) could need, and in my circle: a few Z1E's, willing drama students and miscellanious lights, jibs, stedicams etc... really is quite good! And personally, I'm really greatful for the amount of recorces I have.

-I make my own films - a one man filmmaker (neither a producer nor director exclusively) and about this thread: nah, I'm not offering a production deal... just tryin' to get some ideas for a new short.

But I'm relly interested in what you have access to... ? because to me, a Z1E is very exciting indeed!

Charles.

Back