• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Blue Screen Of Death short w/ VFX

This video is to showcase your VFX skills, yes?

Use motion tracking to pin that BSOD into place. It's wobbly all over.

Actually, that effect was a fairly complicated solution to a simple setup. You could use the monitor, with a pic of the BSOD set to fullscreen. 100% effective, looks more realistic, and at a fraction of the effort.

Your illusion's broken even further with the image(s) remaining visible on the monitor after it's been plugged full of bullets. :huh:

Muzzle flashes are very fiery & cartoony. What did you use for the gunshot audio, btw? Sounds much heavier than pistols.

I like the bright-ish lighting and washed out colouring. It's pretty consistent... 'til we see that BSOD on screen at the same time, where it's eye-poppingly nonmatched again.

Oh, you can see the glass fracture holes distorting as the monitor jumps up & down. (Oh, the monitor movement was was a decent gag, btw, but I bet that wasn't a vfx shot)

Those would be a few things to look at improving or fixing, before adding this to your reel.

All of the above is constructive.

I originally had an entirely different idea that BSOD was going to do some weird glitches but decided against it in post. I also had trouble getting motion tracking to work. I do appreciate the tips. Very helpful.

Also, you did catch me on the gun audio. I had a pistol audio clip i didn't like so I used an m4a1 clip I had. You have a good ear for sounds.

Glad to help, you can do it by hand in your NLE as well, but it won't be quite as precise... and blender is free!

Back