• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Bloody Shame: Short Comedy Film

Last edited:
Not entirely sure on my feelings about this

I think the acting was a little over blown. The one that wasn't Mark came off as if he was playing the lines for laughs. This can be alright sometimes, but in this instance, I think if he had drawn back from that kind of performance the lines may have had more impact. Plus, when he left the frame, there was something completely staged about it, as if, "this is when I leave" flashed across his face and action

Plus, direction was a little jarring. The sight lines and framing didn't sit quite right.

As opposed to a short film, this felt like a scene from a sitcom. Have you thought about developing the relationship a little further?

It was a good effort though, and it would be interesting to see what else you could achieve with your set up.

Synopsis: A blood soaked room mate seeks assistance when he has an accident.

Year of production : 2011
Genre: Comedy
Cast: Ant Richardson, Callum Thomson,
Director: Ant Richardson, Callum Thomson, Patrick Shelton
DP: Patrick Shelton
Writer: Callum Thomson
Music: www.freesfx.co.uk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm2uwFi0aDk
Check out our blog to find out more information on the kit we used and our general working process

http://www.fearlessfreakproductions.blogspot.com/

Lazy

Thanks Henry Spencer

You're right it's more of a sketch than a short film. If you check out my youtube channel we've used the same characters and themes for >5 films/ sketches now.

Apologises for the acting, I'm a film-maker and not an actor. Maybe I should take a class or something.

Thanks for the feedback though and I hope you got a chuckle out of it

I enjoyed it, but the acting was a bit to dry (even for a brit lol)... but the writing was decent... i kind of saw the screwed up hack saw joke coming... but overall pretty good mate! keep it up!

I'm a film-maker and not an actor. Maybe I should take a class or something.

Yup, you should. Even if you have no intention of following through on acting, it will give you insight into how actors "work", and enable you to communicate with them at a different level.

If you live in a larger city, there might even be "Acting for Directors" classes available.

As far as the short... I liked the way it was edited, while recounting the ketchup incident. Will check out some of the other vids later.

Back