Blade Runner 2049.

The first movie was visually stunning, with a good method of story-telling and a good story. These days, mainstream sci-fi is visually stunning, with no real story to tell. I hope this sequel will be an exception.

I wonder what the budget is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haXvp8M9Cog

I like Roger Deakins, but he is doing so many movies nowadays, that they are all starting to look too similar, and his style is becoming too overexposed.

He's too much of a go to guy, which is good, but now, all his movies look like his style now, instead of something a little different.

As for the movie, I am looking forward to it, we shall see how it is. I like the first one, but not near as much as other people per say. I don't think it's one of the best sci fi epics of all time, but a good decent, movie of the week or month sci fi movie, that is good, but not great per say.

Lol, I don't know how I missed this nugget the first time I posted in this thread. Strong disagree. Apparently, you haven't seen Arrival. Or Rogue One. Sheeeeiiiiiiiiit!

Rogue One just came out, and, even though I haven't seen it, from all accounts, it would be an exception. Arrival is science fiction, but I'm referring to space-based adventures. But you got a point.

Back