Best Sound Options For T2i?

Hi everyone,

I have just bought a T2i and some lenses and will be using it for video. I understand the built in mic is awful, so I'm going to buy an external mic.

Here's the problem, I will be controlling the camera and audio at the same time, so I won't be able to operate a separate audio setup. Therefore, I need something that will allow me to operate the camera and audio at the same time.

I heard the Rode videomic pro is good, but is there anything better?

Thanks

25K views is not achieved by many people. You have a great starting point.

Alcove Audio gives the best advice I've found on the net for sound - drop him a line as well.

What kind of computer do you use for your soundtrack? PC or Mac?

I use PC, and currently for soundtrack i've just been editing in adobe premiere, so I've been thinking of getting the trial to soundbooth, because that looks like a good program

You know what, you're right. My brother is 2 years younger than me, and although I like having him as an actor, I think it would be a better idea to have him do sound and get a friend to replace him as an actor, than to get a friend to do sound.

Because, if my brother does sound, it will be much more efficient because he lives at my house!! :0

Its important to note that unless people are TALKING, you dont NEED to record live sound. In the movies most of the "sound" is done after the fact..

Your brother\boom op, can still act in the action bits as longs as you dont have any talking.. its a win win.

I got a sennheiser k6/me66 for about 200 in near mint condition on ebay. You can make a boom and buy a mount for it for $40. Then you can manage to get a zoom h4n used...for probably 200 if you really look hard.
Then all you need is an xlr cable...which you can get pretty cheap. Aside from that if you get a cheap windscreen and deadcat you should be fine for your what you want if you want enough to make a solid watchable short. Save your money and work for a month...you'll be fine and much better off. I made this...with a one man crew consisting of me myself and I: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5448c67465/it-s-just-a-sandwich using pretty much what I described here ( and a cheapo dvcity shoulder mount).

Back