Become a part of this movie? (UK)

Not sure if this topic has come up before, but a independent film maker in my area is making a zombie flick, to fund his movie he is charging people to be a part of it, ranging from a extra in the movie to bigger parts etc.

http://www.indywoodproject.com is the website

Not sure what my opinion is on it, aparently he has raised over £6000 so far, i wouldnt mind being a part of his flick but im not sure if id want to pay, id do it for free! lol.

your thoughts

Nah its a good concept but the film itself IS ANOTHER GODDAMN BRITISH ZOMBIE MOVIE!
And even if you pay to act in it what happens if they think you suck at acting?

I find this thing good if you do something intellectually, exceptionally well written, with style in it. The type of film that never gets out of date. But have a feeling that three years from now nobody will want to hear the whole Zombie-word anymore.

well the concept is new for me :)..have seen the first time that people have to pay for talkng in a film, for getting shown in a film..for getting noticed .lolzz...........i dont know about west but an old trend in Pakistan that people pay to get the lead role. infact some time pay to get the lead role + make a film also....

But not sure its scam or what.might be another history in indie film world ! ! !

When you work for free on a movie either as an Actor or Grip ... you are essentially "paying" ... this is just upping the ante. It wont become a widespread phenomena in Indie filmmaking. If you have any extra dough ... just make your own film.

Heh, catastrophe waiting to happen.

Can't copy/paste text from the .jpg (wtf?) on this page, so here's a summary:

Jan 2007, filmmaker gets excited about his movie idea. Fails to break Guinness record for "most zombies in one area". Gets local publicity. Envisions being a global November 2010 blockbuster. Actually writes script in 2009. Plans to fund production through pre-order sales of the same (non-existant) film.

He's not in a very envious position, tbh.
smiley_coppa.gif

So if everyone pre orders the DVD to fund his film then hows he going to make profits when the film gets released? bring out a special edition?

Back