• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Beautiful Hand-Drawn Animation

I loved it! :)

My only thing is that the music in the first couple parts sounds like a couple Yann Tiersen tracks from the movie Amelie. Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me though, since you credited someone else for the music. If for some reason you are using Tiersen's tracks though, you're going to want to change them before you submit to festivals (unless you've got permission). :)

haha no the musics by max richter. thanks for all your lovely comments! please join my page, and tell your friends...thanks again.

That was pretty phenomenal!

Definitely look into festivals. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned WithoutABox, but if you're not using that then it will making the submission process much, much easier.

haha i watched that! not really after praise, more constructive crits, and help with promotion! (but praise is nice too)

haha i watched that! not really after praise, more constructive crits, and help with promotion! (but praise is nice too)

I gave you a couple bits of critique I thought were applicable. :P As for promotion, a short, regardless of how great it is, isn't exactly easy to monetize. I can see this as part of your demo reel towards securing a job with a studio as an animator, or you could go the freelance route and merchandise your talent. I honestly think you should try some Oscar *accredited* comps from that list I provided in my other post. I haven't gone through those, but I cannot believe there's not one which doesn't require a 35mm print. Another avenue for you would be fine arts grants and fellowships. You could probably garner enough monies from those to continue with other animation projects or to cover festival costs.

I couldn't find the facebook page and the vimeo link said you removed the video. Is there still a way to view it that I am over looking? I would love to see it but I just can't find it.

I don't know if this is supposed to be a practical joke on me or anything, but all the links I've been clicking on haven't worked so far.

What a shame it's not there anymore. After reading the first few posts I was completely amped up to see it.

Any chance you could give an encore screening Joshuar?

Yeah, the music went a long way in creating the eerie atmosphere of the movie. It reminded me a lot of Michael Nyman's soundtrack for "Wonderland".

Quite a beautiful mysterious short! It could be interpreted in a number of ways.

Back