Bazookas The Movie -- HOT COMEDY its like PORKYS in 2009

So I saw this Movie's trailer being advertised on Youtube and I decided to pick it up. I like those no name College cult type films, and this movie was actually really good and funny! If your a fan of Porkys and the National Lampoons College series of films you will love this.

It had a great storyline following these two brothers who inherit a gym from their fathers death (he saw a pair of breasts and had a heart attack). They make a bet to see who can get it out of debt and if the main brother loses his evil older brother knocks it down.

So they start bringing in topless aerobics instructors, nude calendar models etc. Its pretty funny with a lot of one liners. I wont spoil the ending but its got a few twists that are decent. Hot topless chicks all over this movie.

Got a great new unrecognized cast that the 2 male leads should go somewhere in their career. All in all this is the type of movie you watch on a rainy day or with a group of college kids or frat boys. Or you can be old like me and just watch the hot girls. www.bazookasthemovie.com

Since this is your first post, I assume this is promotion.

Thread moved.

Since this is your first post, I assume this is promotion.

Thread moved.

no its not to be honest. I am reviewing movies i got like 3 more I want to review is this going to happen each time. lol. It said to discuss reviews there so I did. I have nothing to do with the film other than purchasing it.

I have no official affiliation with the board so I'm totally allowed to call BS.

You opened an account just to post a glowing review of a movie that from it's trailer looks less then glowing. I know I'm new around here, but wasn't born yesterday ;)

All the same good luck with the movie.

I have no official affiliation with the board so I'm totally allowed to call BS.

You opened an account just to post a glowing review of a movie that from it's trailer looks less then glowing. I know I'm new around here, but wasn't born yesterday ;)

All the same good luck with the movie.

I wouldn't say the movie isn't glowing. It actually looks pretty fun--it's no Schindler's List, but I can see a definite target audience.

It looks well filmed, the performances are appropriate and campy, and it's got a lot of good looking half nude women in it...I'd say it probably will do pretty well for itself.

Not everyone can shoot a film on Red with adapters and lenses. Not everyone chooses to make a remake of a classic horror theme.

I'm just being the Devil's advocate here...kudos to a quality looking indie film that sports a lot of material perfect for a specific target audience. It looks like a lot of fun, and it probably was a lot of fun to work on.

I remember the Porky's series, and I loved them as a kid. I'd hate to think that internet pron has completely jaded this target audience. I also very much liked the Nat Lam series--not that this is on par with those films, but it certainly has a similar flavor. Nat Lam was the thinking man's mature movie...Porky's was the...non-thinking man's? :) Either way, they can be fun. Some times people want a story behind their boobs.

But yes, I would call BS on the promo meter as well...reviewers don't start accounts to promote their review of a film...

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I found this thread on a google search of the movie title and it comes up on the first page. I do often google BAZOOKAS and for good reason.

Dustin's review does seem a bit too positive but i can tell you positively it did not come from the filmmaker. BAZOOKAS: The Movie is my film and I'm the only one who might have such a devious plan to drop great reviews onto sites -- but I don't. I have joined a few different boards over the last couple months but I always register under Thundercrack Films or BAZOOKAS and I always identify myself. I hate seeing obvious fake reviews for low budget movies so I don't do it. Whenever you see a BAZOOKAS review anywhere you can bet I had no hand in it.

So, I'm not sure if Dustin knows one of the actors or whatever but thanks! Glad you liked the movie! I'm doing my best to get it out there to the masses but it's not easy. Furthermore, we are self-distributing (a pre-production desicion) because I don't see any honest distributors out there where a filmmaker makes any money.

M1chae1, thanks for seeing the movie exactly for what it is. This is not my Citizen Kane but it is funny and really does have some good performances.

Thanks,
Michael G. Leonard

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen the film yet but I do know one of the actors, Roberto. I am the reviewer here at indietalk, as mentioned, haven't seen the film but wouldn't give it a good review just because I know one of the actors -- as is common practice in the indieworld.

Usually if I don't like a film that someone has submitted to me, I ask them if they would prefer it if I don't write a review if it is going to be negative. That's probably not sound film criticism practice but I consider myself a filmmaker first, critic second, on the side of both the producers and the audience. But when it comes right down to it, one bad review is going to affect the filmmaker who has broken his or her neck to make something, than it is going to affect the audience who has plenty of other films to choose from.

Back