• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch BAD MOON RISING: A Horror Film

Halloween is coming quick and my production company is nearing end of production on a slasher film, BAD MOON RISING. A satirical look at murder and high school, it is about two students who scour the social levels of their school out of fascination when the most popular girl in their grade is mysteriously and brutally murdered.

Check out the bare-bones teaser. We will be releasing a new teaser every Saturday until Halloween, its release!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQS8Qnv1gW4

Music is recognizance. The Shining and something you pulled off of Incompetech.com.
It doesn't give away enough. A teaser doesn't have to show the film's plot, but it would be great to see some more shots.
The tilt is a bit jerky.

Although I did like the VO (the audio sounded good as well).

I usually like the stuff you do, but this gave me nothing. I have no desire to see the film. It was kind of boring.

I was on Youtube a little while ago, and I was having issues (copyright - video not available in your country). But it's working for me now.

Much better than the last. Although I think 1:00 or 1:30 would be a much better length.

Here is the full-length trailer!!! Please give me any and all feedback.

I think I'd agree that the trailer's too long, and there is so much in there I don't really get an idea of what actually to expect from the film. The title also doesn't help in this regard.

I love that little bit of dialogue in the teaser though.

Thanks Steve. Heathers is a tremendous inspiration for our more high-school-centered shorts. It is around 30-40 minutes long.

Yes!!! "You're Next" was amazing and definitely a big model for our horror short.

I have to be honest. With all due respect, the acting is flat, and the instances when the female character is horror-stricken are somewhat laughable. The killer's mask, too, is cheesy. You mentioned this is a satire, yet the mood, judging by the trailer, is too dismal to be satirical. I just didn't think the trailer was very compelling, and as mentioned already in this thread, it is too lengthy. However, none of these criticisms necessarily mean that the story itself is poor. Sorry. I just thought it best to give you an honest appraisal of this trailer.

the trailers were awful, the first one was just pointless.

the second one was too long, pointless and boring.

when i watch a trailer, I want to know what the purpose of the film is, the premise for example, not much else, maybe some action too.

this was like watching a short.

also its meant to be horror, the image is way too clean and too real, it doesnt give me a creepy feeling at all.

when i say awful, I mean the second one wasnt put together well or thought out at all.

it can be a good one.

Thanks for posting! I'm off to bed now, but I'll watch it in full tomorrow and let you know what I think. Happy Halloween!

Hey guys, this was really exhausting to make and I am really proud of it. I would appreciate it greatly if y'all could give it a watch and possibly leave some feedback. Thanks!

Not bad. I actually was pretty entertained throughout, so I'd say that's sure as hell a good thing.

The shots of the killer were pretty epic (showing up in the window of the car, looking down the stairs, and seeing his reflection in the glass were all pretty great) and I love the choice of mask.

The story was pretty solid with the main characters attempting to find out who the killer is, but the final reveal was ridiculously painfully obvious, as I called it in the first few minutes or so.

Some of the fight scenes needed to be choreographed a lot better. The door hitting the killer and the killer slowly falling over was pretty funny. And the brawl that set up the climax was pretty weak.

The acting was pretty solid other than the opening scene where the girl was murdered and at the very end. I would say this is partially due to some pretty solid dialogue throughout.

The special effects make-up wasn't bad.

This film could've been better, but could've been a HELL of a lot worse. Overall, I'd say you did a pretty nice job. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a feature-length adaptation of the film, as long as it followed a similar storyline.

Overall, nice work. :)

I'm just watching this now. I'm about 10 minutes in, and it's not bad so far. The acting is not great, but the script seems reasonable.

However, I think I'm going to struggle to watch any more after seeing
a masked killer pull a victim out of her car, then allow her to run back into the car without a struggle, then lumber over really slowly and close the door for her, then try in vain to open it again. I mean, really? Why would wolfie close the door for her?

I don't mean to detract from the achievement, and a huge well done for getting this done, but that's a pretty ropey scene that made me laugh out loud when it should have felt tense.

(Sorry, and I am actually carrying on watching!)

OK, an update now I've finished watching. It's a nicely put together movie, and the photography and direction are nice throughout. Also, special mention for the music choices, which are excellent (I assume you don't actually have the rights for all the music, do you? It surely must cost a fortune!)

On the downside, as mentioned above, the choreography is poor in all sorts of scenes, and the film suffers from the "why don't you just run?" problem too often.

The script fizzles out about halfway through, and it becomes increasingly silly from that point on. The reveal was fairly obvious throughout, and the final scene was laughable (
what kind of a killer would hand a gun to someone without having a weapon already trained on them? All the other guy had to do was shoot the killer in both legs, phone the police and the standoff would be over.
)

Still, as I said above, it's a great achievement even to have got the thing made as far as I'm concerned!

Last edited:
Back