• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

campaign Backers needed for original short Film submission to Cannes and other festivals

Hello Folks,

Our team will be submitting our original short film "Zero-Player" to the Cannes short film festival this year as well as 160+ others festivals.
We are looking to raise funds to help us with the application fees for these festivals.
Our backers for this crowdfunding campaign have the possibility to get producer credits on IMDB.

To find out more, please check out our live crowdfunding campaign on IndieGoGo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/zero-player/x/28865855#/

Many thanks

poster4_v3.PNG

I wish you luck. I suggest you come up with a better festival strategy than basically playing the lottery with other people's money. It's also not the best look when asking for that money. Is the film done? I notice you are offering credit so I am assuming that part is not. I hope you can get into the fests that interest you most!

I wish you luck. I suggest you come up with a better festival strategy than basically playing the lottery with other people's money. It's also not the best look when asking for that money. Is the film done? I notice you are offering credit so I am assuming that part is not. I hope you can get into the fests that interest you most!
thanks for the feedback!
we're not playing the lottery - these festivals have been filtered down to those accepting shorts in the thriller/horror genre that our film belongs to - from a much wider list of 5000+ festivals
don't worry, we did our research :)
and yes, the final cut is done - we're just in post production for the next month (to be done around the same end time as the crowdfunding campaign)

Alright well good luck. Consider a strategy of building momentum. Submit to a handful of select fests. If you get accepted use your "Official Selection" status to submit to more. If you win, use that clout to get into more. Perhaps you will even be invited (after you make them aware). It's PR. You build it. Don't throw it at the wall to see what sticks. It could be one and done!

Back