• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Audio into both Channels?

So I recorded audio and it can be heard in the left Channel. Is there a way/How do you make it so it can be heard equally through both left AND right channels?
Thankss!

In many DAWs there is a "Split Mono" function of some sort that will split a stereo track into two mono tracks. If you don't have that in your NLE you can probably drag and drop (or copy/paste) the stereo file onto two (2) empty mono tracks. You can mute or delete the empty track/files.

But you're still running the "empty" track, which eats up available processing power, affecting how many tracks, plug-ins, etc. that you can use. Remember that audio is in real time on your computer. I vote for eliminating the unneeded tracks entirely… it's one more plug-in at mix time.

But you're still running the "empty" track, which eats up available processing power, affecting how many tracks, plug-ins, etc. that you can use. Remember that audio is in real time on your computer. I vote for eliminating the unneeded tracks entirely… it's one more plug-in at mix time.

good point

So I recorded audio and it can be heard in the left Channel. Is there a way/How do you make it so it can be heard equally through both left AND right channels?

Although you haven't said so, I presume your audio is a single channel of audio? If it isn't, follow Alcove's advice, if it is, then it can only be heard in the left channel because it's panned to the left channel. If you want to hear it in both left and right channels then you'll have to pan it to the centre position.

G

Back