are there a lot of fundraising film sites? is it best to just use one?

The platform isn't that relevant anymore. It comes down to your ability to market and your ability to convert those eyeballs into appropriate donations/purchases.

Sweetie is right.
However, it is wise to use only one of those sites, otherwise you are running multiple campaigns at the same time :P

Talk to your built up audience and invite them. Sometimes you have to incentivize them. One trick I was well known for was to incentivize current clients to introduce us to other clients. Not sure how you'd do that, but if you get inventive, I'm sure you can find a way. You'll need that initial audience to start with. I used to do retention marketing as part of my job a long while back, but I was never responsible for the normal marketing/publicity. That was another department.

How to do that initial marketing.... While it's not my thing, a combination of advertising and marketing (in your case, I suspect grass roots marketing would be what you're after). While the later is cheaper, it is the most skill and labor intensive as it requires people who really know what they're doing. How do you do that? That's a question for those with the degrees in marketing and/or publicists to answer. If you don't know how to do it yourself, I suspect you're probably going to spend way more than you'll attract. Pick up a book or two and see if it's of interest to you may be a step in the right direction.

Talk to your built up audience and invite them. Sometimes you have to incentivize them. One trick I was well known for was to incentivize current clients to introduce us to other clients. Not sure how you'd do that, but if you get inventive, I'm sure you can find a way. You'll need that initial audience to start with. I used to do retention marketing as part of my job a long while back, but I was never responsible for the normal marketing/publicity. That was another department.

How to do that initial marketing.... While it's not my thing, a combination of advertising and marketing (in your case, I suspect grass roots marketing would be what you're after). While the later is cheaper, it is the most skill and labor intensive as it requires people who really know what they're doing. How do you do that? That's a question for those with the degrees in marketing and/or publicists to answer. If you don't know how to do it yourself, I suspect you're probably going to spend way more than you'll attract. Pick up a book or two and see if it's of interest to you may be a step in the right direction.

there are lots of people that go on indie gogo and then word can spread just from there doesnt it? if marketing is so hard why not just see how you do on the site first see where that goes right?

I think you missed the point of crowd funding sites. I suggest you jump on to Google and read a wide broad range of articles on the topic and form your own opinion.

Feel free to try. Don't take this as my trying to talk you out of attempting the process. You asked questions and received answers. Some people need to learn by doing. Last piece of advice. The size of your crowd funding goal and your reach will mostly determine your chances of success. If you're trying to raise a few hundred dollars, it'll be relatively easy, though I've still seen campaigns fail to achieve this. If you're trying to reach $10k, that's still reachable but very difficult. When you get into the $50k to $2mil range requires a more professional approach.

Go for it, try. Come back and tell us how you went, regardless of success or failure.

I think you missed the point of crowd funding sites. I suggest you jump on to Google and read a wide broad range of articles on the topic and form your own opinion.

Feel free to try. Don't take this as my trying to talk you out of attempting the process. You asked questions and received answers. Some people need to learn by doing. Last piece of advice. The size of your crowd funding goal and your reach will mostly determine your chances of success. If you're trying to raise a few hundred dollars, it'll be relatively easy, though I've still seen campaigns fail to achieve this. If you're trying to reach $10k, that's still reachable but very difficult. When you get into the $50k to $2mil range requires a more professional approach.

Go for it, try. Come back and tell us how you went, regardless of success or failure.

yes i just dont understand how you build a following beforehand when you have nothing. During indiegogo i'll have everything there plus a trailer and a reason to get into it. how do you advertise nothing. how do you get ppl interested in a film before a buzz or before a trailer? and why

yes i just dont understand how you build a following beforehand when you have nothing. During indiegogo i'll have everything there plus a trailer and a reason to get into it. how do you advertise nothing. how do you get ppl interested in a film before a buzz or before a trailer? and why

why would they be interested and why would you try to convince them to be interested in some non physical idea that is....

i just dont understand how you build a following beforehand

Acknowledged.

why would they be interested and why would you try to convince them to be interested in some non physical idea that is....

The why is part of your marketing question to answer. Without it, you're stuck. How did you research go?

Acknowledged.

The why is part of your marketing question to answer. Without it, you're stuck. How did you research go?

just trying to get it first. I dont want to tweet about something people cant see i guess. and fb just another indie film as far as they can see. Seems pointless i guess im banking that my campaign will more than speak for itself. And then you can market that.

That's one way to look at it. So, are you saying tangible rewards are the only thing people are interested in?

no plz listen . you brought up rewards. ppl say sell your campaign before indiegogo . but there is no campaign before that. what and who are you selling to before that. Your fb friends? lol

you brought up rewards

If you're referring to my "WIIFM" comment, you're taking it completely wrong. On this topic, having a narrow view won't do you any favors.

ppl say sell your campaign before indiegogo . but there is no campaign before that

They do, and they're right.

what and who are you selling to before that

The what has already been asked and answered:

The why is part of your marketing question to answer. Without it, you're stuck.

Isn't the who obvious? Your potential audience.

I'm not sure on what you expect. Are you looking for some miracle, all encompassing method to make this work?

If you're referring to my "WIIFM" comment, you're taking it completely wrong. On this topic, having a narrow view won't do you any favors.

They do, and they're right.

The what has already been asked and answered:

Isn't the who obvious? Your potential audience.

I'm not sure on what you expect. Are you looking for some miracle, all encompassing method to make this work?

Why are you being so vague just answer the question. Give me an example of what people do before having a Trailor or any good reason to invest to get ppl interested

I'm not being vague. You're seeing it as vague due to your own ignorance and laziness.

So you want me to do the work for you? What's the quid pro quo?
So you guys are idiots and don't know how to sell a campaign before there is anything to see like I said. Guess I got my answer. It's just logic. Talk out of ytour asses some more

Back