Apologies

Loud Orange Cat

Pro Member
indiePRO
It is with deep regret that LOC must close shop as my cancer continues to advance rapidly. I no longer have the strength to continue this or future film endeavors.

It truly breaks my heart to have to have to say the above words. Yes, my lifelong dream of filmmaking has been flushed down the toilet, but I'm not dead yet!

I'm still active (believe it or not) and you can keep up with my daily life over at deviantART where I blog, post my photography and literature.

I will remain active on LOC in a limited capacity, updating my Cancer Chronicles when I can and keeping the links active to my five existing films for you to download or stream to your browser.

Please feel free to contact me if I'm online or just add me to your contact lists:

AIM: loudorangecat

Again, apologies.

Rob,

Thanks for the update, but I am sorry to hear of your news. I was thinking recently that we have not heard from you in awhile, so I am glad that you took the time to check in with us.

I will hope for the best.

Never apologize for things you haven't done wrong. I know that when and if you are able, you will again feel the need to produce more. Even if you're not making films...you're still part of our community, check in when you can, we like your input and company :) Stay strong!

I am massively sad to hear your news and that your illness is stopping you from film making. I hope that things get easier soon.

I'm busy working on some fairly alternative film production techniques at the moment... the kind of thing you could do even if you were confined to a bed. I'll drop you a PM in the next day or two... just in case you're interested.

All the best
Clive

Rob, you've already given us a whole Bad Cat series which was just golden. Hang in there, dude. I'm so sorry to hear about LOC, but please don't stop writing screenplays! And blogging for that matter! Wishing the best for you!

I really don't know what to say here.

I hope you will keep posting here with us. You are in our thoughts.

-- spinner :cool:

Stay strong Rob! You are a fighter, I know this because you are always determined to stay active in your blogs. Everytime I see my orange cat, I think about you and your films lol. Hope to hear better news soon. God bless you.

- Andrew

Yours were among the first shorts I watched when I stumbled on this site. It seems like ages ago. Your cat antics were largely responsible for my renewed conviction to pick up the camera again and start pursuing this passion. Your passion helped inspire me. Please don't apologize because you have nothing to be sorry about. You have accomplished so much already. Just look at all the lives you have touched through your endeavors.

Never give up! Never surrender!

Thanks

Thanks so much for the kind words of encouragement.

I'm not dead yet!!

I'm still active (sort of) over at dA. That's where you can find me everyday now. Since I spend all my time in bed with my MacBook Pro in my lap, I've started writing yet another novel and am posting it free online there. (I'm tired of going the self-publishing route, no one ever bought anything that way)

I don't log into IndieTalk much anymore (unfortunately), but if you need to send me a message, send it to me directly at rob@loudorangecat.com or to my Yahoo account.

Rob loves getting email ^^ *WAVES* Thanks, everyone. I'm a fighter!

Spatula, I expected a more R-rated reply laced with some reference to bodily fluids, but I guess you're mellowing out in your age. :lol:

Spatula, I expected a more R-rated reply laced with some reference to bodily fluids, but I guess you're mellowing out in your age. :lol:

Oh, I'm sorry. I believe you were looking for my friend, Poopy McShittypants, who occasionally takes over the keyboard in my absence. Lemme get him...

"Hey Poopster!"
"Vat?"
"Vat?"
"It's like What vith a V"
"Oh... I see.."
"Vat?"
"Rob wanted an R-rated reply laced with bodily fluids"
"You vant me to poop on him?"
"He's in Florida. Can you go to Florida?"
"Vat if I poop in a box and send it his vay?"
"That might do..."
"Vell, give me a minute..."
"..."
"... *squeezing and grunting*..."
"..."
"Ahem... do you have a box?"
"Hmmm.. no... I have a sock though. Two, actually."
"Ahh, perfect, a poopsock"
"Here you go, you want his address?"
"Nah."
"So you just pooped in my sock, but you're not even going to send it to him?"
"That's right"
"So why did you poop in my sock?"
"Cause you're an asshole"
"Thanks, Mr. McShittyPants. As usual, you've taught me an important life lesson today"
"Vat vas that?"
"Never ask an imaginary German forshit"
"Ga-zuntite"

Sorry Rob, no poopsock for you. Better luck next time.

Hi Robert. I don't know you as I am totally new in this forum but I just happened to click your message. I am sorry to hear about your cancer. I send you this link:
It helped a friend of a relative. I thought I'd just share it with you.
Cheers, J

Last edited by a moderator:
Back