anyone out there good at realistic puppetry effects?

For my movie (a Resident Evil fan film) I plan to have a Licker killing someone in the dark. For the three or four shots the Licker will actually be seen, I figure that a realistic puppet would do the trick. (For those of you who have seen John Carpenter's The Thing the dog thing in the beginning is a hand puppet.) I asking to see if anyone has any tips on how I can go about accomplishing this effect or even if anyone would like to help make it!

I know very good sculpure master guy (sculpturist??). He has made some amazing stuff, but I'm sure he would charge you for it. If u d like, I could ask him. Any info on time frame? How much are u willing to pay? Size?

I know very good sculpure master guy (sculpturist??). He has made some amazing stuff, but I'm sure he would charge you for it. If u d like, I could ask him. Any info on time frame? How much are u willing to pay? Size?

That would be much appreciated! I would need it before December, and it would need to be I don't know, from the torso up, big enough for a guy to stick his arm in and control the mouth, head, and torso movements I guess. I'll know how much I'm willing to pay once I get more money, but an estimate for the fee would be cool I guess. As long as it isn't high (budgets really strained right now)

I know several people who can do that. I built and puppeted
effects like that for years - I worked on Carpenters film. I can
tell you that the time involved will be well over 50 hours and
the material costs will run over $1,000. And the fact that you
need it in less than four weeks that will add to the costs.

I'd be glad to connect you to some of the people I know but I
would like to know what your top number is. "As long as it
isn't high" isn't good enough. Are you thinking $500 total or
closer to $1,500?

I know several people who can do that. I built and puppeted
effects like that for years - I worked on Carpenters film. I can
tell you that the time involved will be well over 50 hours and
the material costs will run over $1,000. And the fact that you
need it in less than four weeks that will add to the costs.

I'd be glad to connect you to some of the people I know but I
would like to know what your top number is. "As long as it
isn't high" isn't good enough. Are you thinking $500 total or
closer to $1,500?

Going off topic but-you really worked with on John Carpenter's The Thing?? What did you do on it?!?
Ahem...now that that is out of the way, I guess that right now I'm looking for tips and things, because as of right now until we get more money the budget is, well ZERO.

Back