• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Anyone else working on Scripts tonight?

I'm sitting here, not with writers block, but with a case of the slows! I cannot keep my typing in pace with the thoughts racing through my head.

1) I've got some good music related to the genre that this story centers around on in the background, which is inspiring me.....CHECK;

2) Coffee pot is full, well half full at this point.....CHECK;

3) Kids and wife are sleeping, so I have quiet time now.....CHECK;

4) Cigarette break coming up in a few minutes.....(5 minutes later) Ok, I lied...I just took it....

....Now, back to writing. Goal is another 10 pages, or until 4am rolls around.

SgtPen....aka Matt

What are you writing?

Not working on a script myself, but getting up in a few hours to shoot part of one. :abduct:

Happy filmmaking o'er the weekend, peeps. :cool:

Writing a story about the civilian's experience during the Civil War. I know that is not giving much information out, but I am over protective of my idea as if it were one of my babies. I've had ideas stolen before (Not saying that anyone here would steal another's ideas...just being cautious). I would like to have someone read it when I'm done though, as this is my first attempt at writing any sort of screenplay.

Finishing up some revisions right now. Hitting save and hitting the hay.

My writing partner and I were up late last night with revisions as well. Making good progress though. Knocked almost of 10 pages off our feature script over the last few days. Improved some scenes as well, and really brought one character's voice a long way.

Time for bed! Best of luck!

I'm writing a sci-fi action screenplay, called "Kill 2550". The story is almost coming to an end, but I'm only at page 25...any suggestions on this issue? Thanks for reading!:)

Maybe you only have 27 pages of story. Not saying that's a bad thing... in fact, padding a story with filler is often a terrible solution when faced with a short script. Why does your story have to be longer than it is? :)

@Phantom Screenwriter. It's a feature(long) script...
@ Zensteve.. My first thought on this was to write a long script, but the story just works too fast, an issue I also tend to have with other screenplays...

I usually don't write outlines ahead..:( I just write the screenplay and go on. However, when I'm not writing and have some free time, I think about the screenplay I'm writing and what should happen next, and how the story should end. I remember all this when I get to writing...When I get to the last part I've imagined, I stop and think again about how the story continues...

Outlines can be very helpful. Not only will you know when you have to hit a plot point but I always find that I end up with more material because I have every motivation and conflict drawn out and sometimes it's easier to note when you need to weave something in in order to make getting from point a to point b stronger and more interesting.

That's why I outline anyway, give it a shot yourself, I'd love to hear what outlining helps you most with!

I usually don't write outlines ahead..:( I just write the screenplay and go on. However, when I'm not writing and have some free time, I think about the screenplay I'm writing and what should happen next, and how the story should end. I remember all this when I get to writing...When I get to the last part I've imagined, I stop and think again about how the story continues...

We all have our own methods, whatever works best for you :) I sometimes will come up with an idea that I really want to document and will go directly into writing the screenplay. Sometimes this will only go so far and then I will create a scene outline to get things on track, and will make sure that I have something to refer back to as I continue with the screenplay. Other times I will come up with an idea and go straight to a scene outline because even though I've come up with the idea I need to sort things out so they make sense first.

I have a short screenplay I'm re-working, making additions to and polishing up for it's second draft. It's an idea that I came up with a couple of years ago and I wrote the first draft. I want to expand upon some things in the story to make it have more of a meaning. So far all I really have is a plot not a story. A method I am working on for when I want to expand upon a first draft is to ask myself "If I were writing a sequel to this, what would happen in it?". In this way I am able to add more to the story by attacking it from that perspective.

Back