Anybody doing the 48 this year?

I'm really looking forward to it. It's always a fun weekend for me, and of course the opportunity to have a large audience is pretty sweet, especially since they tend to be a very receptive audience. Mostly, haha.

http://www.48hourfilm.com/home

Anybody feel like sharing strategies/experiences?

I'm not sure how things are going to turn out this year, seeing as how I've never worked with anyone on my team, and some of them are complete strangers to me.

London's not until September but I imagine that I'll end up doing it, in some capacity.

I've never enjoyed (or had any modicum of success with) speed shooting competitions, but they're a good way to meet people and can be a fun weekend if you keep the stress level in check!

We did the scifi one years ago. Did an all nighter on the sunday to finish then drove back from london to manchester then went to work. Tired does not cover it.

Sitting this one out, due to gig conflicts, though suggested to my team if some live music footage would work, they will know where to find me! I've done it 7 or 8 times though, including a crazy two films at once! It's always a fun experience, and best of luck to anyone participating this year! And if anyone wants a spooky darkwave/goth song to use, let me know and I'll hook you up!

In august I'll be joining the competition in Rotterdam.
It will be the first time. We are gathering a team at the moment.

someone asked me to help out on the 11th and 12th or whenever that is in july
but i'll just be a helping hand, I'm not committing to staying awake the whole weekend.

You should come over to London in September and maybe we can put together an IT team ;)

It will also depend on whether I'll need a visum to get in by then ;)
When in September?
I'm also planning some other insane that month if I get the permissions and permits I need.

I've never enjoyed (or had any modicum of success with) speed shooting competitions, but they're a good way to meet people and can be a fun weekend if you keep the stress level in check!

Over the years, the way that I've come to enjoy it is to not even think of it as a competition, and literally just have fun making as good a movie I can, in a way-too-brief period of time. In my opinion, the words "art" and "competition" don't belong in the same sentence.

As soon as I made that connection, stress completely left the picture. This is the wrong way for making films. That's not to say that I haven't learned a thing or two that I can actually apply to "normal" filmmaking. But it gives me an excuse to not feel bad about any foibles in the film, and pretty much just goof off. Really hard-work-goofing-off, with lots of structured methods, but still just goofing off, haha.

It will also depend on whether I'll need a visum to get in by then ;)

:lol:

Maybe GB will pull a Costanza?

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...d/news-story/52ca8a5854dc49e7f635462bb2f6723c

someone asked me to help out on the 11th and 12th or whenever that is in july
but i'll just be a helping hand, I'm not committing to staying awake the whole weekend.

I developed an ear infection and it hurt too much to even walk that weekend.
Sucks I had to back out :no:

Finished my first 48hrsfp yesterday.
That was really cool!
It was fun, hectic, sometimes stressful but really really cool.
Our dark comedy will be online next week.

I just learned that they are bringing the 48 Hour Horror Project back to Providence this year, and it's the same weekend I'm leaving for a family vacation. Bummer! I would definitely sign up for it if I had the weekend free.

I did the New Hampshire one in 2014 and they haven't brought it back here since.

Back