• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Anybody care to help me name a character?

I normally just ask friends and coworkers for help in this realm, but I haven't gotten any really good ideas yet, and I'm kinda stumped on this one. So maybe somebody here might have an idea?

The character is a Superhero. His only Superpower is the fact that he has no fucks to give. None.

His costume is a really shitty DIY project. He made it himself (or maybe he got help from someone), but neither he nor the person putting it together is anything even close to a tailor, but he doesn't care, cuz remember, he's got no fucks to give. He has a classic Superhero logo on his chest, very similar to the Ghostbusters logo, a red circle with a cross through it, but instead of a ghost inside, it's a big bold "F's".

I got nothin. Every name me or any of my coworkers have thought of is boring. Any thoughts?

He's at least the DIY GUY. What's his motivation? - to talk bad guys out of it by throwing verbal curve-balls? You'll probably know what he's called when you know what he sees as his superpower, or did he make his costume to prove to the world that superheroes are fakes?

He's at least the DIY GUY. What's his motivation? - to talk bad guys out of it by throwing verbal curve-balls? You'll probably know what he's called when you know what he sees as his superpower, or did he make his costume to prove to the world that superheroes are fakes?

Nah, he's a legit Superhero. He fights crime, and social injustice. By not giving a fuck. The best example I can give is the dance-off in Gaurdians of the Galaxy. Except WAY more silly. This character is very silly. Being ridiculously silly in public is part of his superpower.

And no, he doesn't want to prove to the world that superheroes are fakes. He honestly wants to be a superhero. He's just shitty at costume-making and doesn't give a shit. But he cares about the world and wants to use his power of not giving a shit to make the world a better place.

Could name the movie after the main character's unfortunate birth name that his mom gave him. The name he hates.

Thanks for your thoughts! Just to clarify though, he's going to be a character in a web-series, and possibly a short. And I'm not looking for a title for a movie, but the name of a character. His real-life name isn't important and will probably never be referenced. His alter-ego superhero persona is what I'm looking to name. Dready's idea is a good one, and I may go with that. But I'm gonna let it roll around my brain for at least a couple more days.

I've started a multi-character superhero script and I've found a character's powers helps so much with naming. So try and use the fact that he doesn't give damn to name him. If that doesn't help, look at people from history who he could relate to and name him after someone he would admire, or vice versa give him an ironic name.

:lol:

Confusingly funny :P
Watch out it doesn't kill him ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQt8SNKEDc4

BTW,
Dreadylocks idea could maybe be part of the beginning when he is still looking for his name?

0FF

is on his chest

==

Hey do you go around turning things off?

Huh?

You're Off Man right?

No, that's a zero and two F's. Get it?

No

Zero Fucks! The zero and two F's for multiple fu...

No you're Off Man, hey look guys it's Off Man!

(crowd) Off Man, Off Man!

(from crowd) Hey Off Man I think I left my oven on (chuckle)

(facepalm)

==

Flick could be called 0FF Man.

0FF

is on his chest

==

Hey do you go around turning things off?

Huh?

You're Off Man right?

No, that's a zero and two F's. Get it?

No

Zero Fucks! The zero and two F's for multiple fu...

No you're Off Man, hey look guys it's Off Man!

(crowd) Off Man, Off Man!

(from crowd) Hey Off Man I think I left my oven on (chuckle)

(facepalm)

==

Flick could be called 0FF Man.

:lol::lol::lol:

Back