• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Any tutorials for 24p Pulldown Removal?

I recently purchased a Canon HF21, and I am in serious need of a pulldown tutorial. I have found nothing useful. The expensive software (Neo Scene) does it quite easily -- but I'm not willing to shell out 100+ bucks just so I can get pulldown removal. Does anyone have experience with pulldown removal?

also, that camera shoots native 24p so why not just stick to that? (I can think of reasons to do so, but maybe you didnt know that.. not meant as insult just checking!)

The Canon HFS21 shoots native 24p. I have the Canon HF21, a different version. There isn't much info about my camera on the net -- but it is the follow up to the Canon H20. As far as functionality goes, you can think of this camera as being identical to the H20, which does not shoot native 24p.

Sorry, its not really native 24p is it.

Page 66 on the canon HF21 (not hfs21) manual shows the steps to set the frame rate to 24p (PF24) Page 140 shows the camera does 60i, PF30 and PF24

I have an HFS100 myself which shots 24p but wraps everything in 60i wrapper, I do use cineform, so I forget that it does that stupid wrapping thing.. that said..

this page seems to have some good options. I see some references to free tools to do what your wanting to do. http://forums.adobe.com/message/2993629

I still recommend cine-form, not only for the simplicity of the 24p thing, but also the performance improvement when editing\compositing.

There's another alternative called VoltaicHD, which is like 5 times cheaper. Have you had any experiences with that? And aside from these, there's a little freeware program someone on another forum coded up, that apparently outperforms Neo Scene with pulldown removal. I understand the codec benefits, but they aren't too much of a concern for me. I just want proper 24p pulldown removal that I'm not going to spend two hours on every project with. The AVS Batch 3:2 Pulldown Remover looks a little more complex than the cineform tool and Voltaic HD, but it looks just as functional (AND FREE!). Are there any reasons to not use AVS Batch 3:2 Pulldown Remover?

Iv not tried the Voltaic HD .. ill look into it. I like the cineform because it so easy and fast. Cinform has GREAT and I mean that, GREAT support. Even my little tech issues get addressed blazing fast.

The AVS Batch stuff just seemed way to complex and low level, I gotta worry about other stuff. I know its the bees knees and is probably more powerful then anything else.. but Im lazy

Back