animation Animation journey

Hi,

Some time ago I took an interest in 2D animation so I started to experimenting and making some short cartoons - At first i thought how hard can it be, but soon I realized that it takes a lot of work. Since everything is done by me the final result is crap in every aspect - but I'm starting to analyze and learn some stuff every time - so hopefully in time I will crack the secret of making decent cartoon (If anyone is interested in making something together don't hesitate to DM me)

My last cartoon episode:

I’ll help you out with your next one. I know how much work that was to do.
Do you have a story or script for your next project?
This cartoon reminded me a little of Final Space (great show)

I think this current cartoon has more potential than is being realized.
We could rework it and make it into a version 2.0 that is better.

I do stand up comedy as well as films so I know a comedian that would be a perfect voice for this character.
I see some opportunities to add punch lines too. Like after he tries to hang himself he should be injured instead.

A yelp of pain and a A funny neck brace could both get a laugh

Last edited:
Maybe someone can give me advice on sound/vocal recording - so It doesn't sound so "un-studio like" - i have a Audio Technica AT2020 mic(no pop filter) and I kind of do some post-processing (noise reduction/limiting/de-essing etc) but still sounds kind of off.

Maybe someone can give me advice on sound/vocal recording - so It doesn't sound so "un-studio like" - i have a Audio Technica AT2020 mic(no pop filter) and I kind of do some post-processing (noise reduction/limiting/de-essing etc) but still sounds kind of off.

The biggest problem with your sound is that youre missing the natural sounds of room tone ambiance

A little update: I finished the fourth and final episode of my first ever cartoon without any previous experience. I've learned a lot of new stuff and it's time to move on to a new cartoon... So i will be back with some new stuff.

A little update: I finished the fourth and final episode of my first ever cartoon without any previous experience. I've learned a lot of new stuff and it's time to move on to a new cartoon... So i will be back with some new stuff.

I have to agree with sfoster here - you need to add room tone. Particularly easy for a sci-fi like yours - a slight hum or droning sound would work. But your film is crying out for this very simple addition/fix.

Back