• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch America Resolves the Debt Problem

Then Saint Patrick's Day would become an economy-breaking holiday.

The acting was pretty nice, but there seemed to be a few problems with the script. Everything felt a tad too forced, and too much like every line was trying to be funny - which, sadly, made it humourless.

At several point there was unneeded pauses in the speech that tended to break the immersion, and was probably from either a small amount of thought being put into how each line should be said or, again, a bad script.

There also seemed to be very little planning put into the shots themselves. For the basic sides of shot composition check here and here, and for understanding what's appropriate where just watch a lot of films with the style you're going for. Try to note every little thing - for example, one thing I've noticed when the main subject of a shot is talking is that they're not often in the foreground, or at least not the closest thing to the camera. An example of that would be where two people are talking, and often the shot will be an over-the shoulder shot of the person talking, from the shoulder of the person they're talking too. Obviously there are variations all over the place, but as a director (I'm assuming you are) or cinematographer it's your job to find what works best for the scene.

And try not to stay longer than 5 seconds on a single shot - to me that just screams inappropriate whenever it's used, I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone else. An example of where you've done that is where you've got multiple people alternating their lines within a single shot - you tend to have entire opening conversations in one shot, and it just doesn't feel right. The New Jersey scene does this, but otherwise I'd point that out as the best shot scene of the entire film, just the editing needs some work.

Last edited:
I have a theory that if everyone smoked at least a joint a night, the world would be a less aggressive place where indie filmmakers could find funding around every corner..

Random Filmmaker - Du...Du...Du-Du-Duuuuude, you are not listening.
Producer - I am.
RF - No you are not duuuude.
Producer (long drag) - Ok, I wasn't. Now I am.
RF - I have like, this concept...or, or, more like, an...an idea...about a monster movie.
Producer - Like, like, al shaky and cloverfieldy?
RF (jumping onto a couch) - Exaaactly. Like, a giant...a giant....a giant dorito attacking New York. But, in the end, there...there is no Dorito...It was a cheeto!...Wa...waddaya think?
Proucer - GREEEEEEEEEEEEEN LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT, get Seth Rogen and Shyamalama...Malayasasm...Samalys- The Sixth Sense dude!

There's a famous quote that claims "ignorance is bliss." And so it can be. The Contented Debt-Strapped Consumer (CD-SC) need not worry about possible potential problems of their debt. Why stress over bankruptcy, staggeringly overwhelming responsibilities and ruin? The future hasn't happened yet, so don't sweat it. This is especially true when there are so many traditional ways of increasing and stretching debt. We should always know our limits. I mean, if it's not that important then don't purchase it. As simple as that. A lot of us are having a hard time in paying all their debts, but don't let this thing affect you or your job. Just think of a way to stop you from buying those not important "stuffs" to avoid a problem. Fool proof methods for staying in debt

Jake -

Hurry up and put all that down in a tiny little short story and submit it to Nick Clapper's Super Summer Contest!

Kendra wish-you-were-Wilkinson-instead-of Smith -

Your caustic disdain is dripping on my overgrown apathy.

Last edited:
Deadlines, schmedlines!
He's at the doctor.

C'mon, man!
Quit putzin' around!
Turn it in late!
Whatseegonnado? Take off ten points?
Hurry hurry hurry hurry!
Andele' andele'!

Back