Amazing Spiderman 2

I think Peter and Gwen both expressed sympathy for Electro. But, he was trying to kill people...on a mass scale. So, it came down to doing what had to be done: neutralize him.
It's not enough, I think. The best movies are those, which the AUDIENCE shows compassion to the antagonist, not only the protagonist.
Likewise, Peter didn't give Harry his blood because he feared it would turn Harry into a psycho killer --which it did (like the eel bites, or zaps, did to Max previously).
But there was a chance that it doesn't. Not everybody must turn into psycho killers when they get powers. On the other hand, by refusing to save him, Spiderman has actually given a reason for Harry to become one.
Another thought that's been on my mind is Peter being a "dude" in this reboot. I thought Peter Parker was supposed to be a nerd, not a dude. But in the Amazing Spider-Man, especially in Number 2, he's been more of a dude. I don't really care. I guess I like Peter being a dude okay. And I like Andrew plenty. On the other hand, it's not really canon, is it? Any thoughts on that?
First of all, many people say that the previous Spidey movies were much further from the original canon than the current Amazing Spidey. If that is true, I think that Spidey is actually a dude more than a nerd.

On the other hand, the idea of making him a "dude" is to show us the reference to the real world - Nerds never succeed in the real life. Dudes always get more. Nerds get good marks at school, but eventually come to work for those, who got the lowest marks at school. A terrible, yet true, statistic. That's what the movie wants to reflect.

But the nerd version is why he is so popular, because the nerds in us can fantasize about being better than who we are.

I agree with you on that. There is also a great difference in the message of the old and the new Spiderman series.
The old Spiderman gave us hope (sometimes false hope) about "being better", about being something more than we are. The new Spiderman slaps you in the face and wakes you up from that utopia. It brings you back to the awful reality, just like the Dark Knight Trilogy did

Hitting on a previous point about the ending:

Marc Webb actually stated that Peter was going to be dealing with the loss of Gwen throughout the third film, so although he went through it rather quickly at the end, his grieving is far from over.
Here's the link w/ the article, the important info is at the end
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/05/08/spider-man-marc-webb-gwen-stacy/

Overall though, I would have to say I'm kinda interested in seeing just how much "it" affects him in the third film. Maybe it will give us some thorough character development this time around? :lol:

Hitting on a previous point about the ending:

Marc Webb actually stated that Peter was going to be dealing with the loss of Gwen throughout the third film, so although he went through it rather quickly at the end, his grieving is far from over.
Here's the link w/ the article, the important info is at the end
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/05/08/spider-man-marc-webb-gwen-stacy/

Overall though, I would have to say I'm kinda interested in seeing just how much "it" affects him in the third film. Maybe it will give us some thorough character development this time around? :lol:

That is great news and that means that I'll actually watch the next film! Thanks for sharing :)

Back