Alternate lenses for Panasonic TM900

Does anyone know about adapters one can get, or other lenses for the tm900? Great camera, btw! I just need to get that nice shallow depth of field. Thanks a lot!

If you want a shallow DOF with that camera, you'll need a 35mm adapter and a rail kit (at least $500 used, probably closer to $1000) and a lens ($50-2000ish depending on what it is).

If you want a shallow DOF, a better bet now is to sell the camera and go DSLR, starting about $500 for a used t2i.

Sorry man, probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but thems the ropes.

Nah, it's cool man. The camera was given to me as a gift, and I really love the pictue quality. I'm always open to ideas. Thinking of getting the gh2 I'm a huge panasonic fan. What do you think of that camera?

Haha, there are some rabid, die-hard GH2 fans out there that will swear up and down that the GH2 is the best camera on the planet.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice camera, but it's no C300 or RED :)

Oh okay hahahaha! I mean I am a huge Panasonic fan, though. The gh2 is in my price range. Although, I did make a purchase on a nice dof adapter for the tm900 for practically, pennies. And my buddy is giving me an old 35mm lens for it. I'll see what I think of it, then decide whether I want the gh2 or not. I would love Canon, if they had a manual focus ring like the tm900. That is my ONLY problem wit Canon's prosumer camcorders. I agree, the RED is amazing as well as the C300.

Last edited:
Haha, there are some rabid, die-hard GH2 fans out there that will swear up and down that the GH2 is the best camera on the planet.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice camera, but it's no C300 or RED :)

Of course it isn't. The GH2 is rather close to the C300 in video quality*, however, and it's less than 1/10th of the cost. The hacked GH2 beats out everything else in its price range, and even bests it's $5000 brother the AF100.

*Disclaimer: I haven't shot with the C300 yet, I am basing this on test videos and opinions from people who have shot with it. I have owned the GH2 for about a year and have been shooting on a Red Epic since November.

Back