• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch All In

This is our first introduction to multi-lingual drama.
There are subtitles in youtube.

Feedback is more than welcome, we have gone quite a way since our starts, so we want to keep improving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5xD5dW6e8E?hd=1

You told the story visually - a big plus. I don't speak Spanish nor french, but I understand everything.
The lighting's bad, the sound's bad, the editing is... bad, Director's choices-not impressive, but, boy did I like the premise... Every scene is fully charged.
I wish you can shoot a remake of this film. (Otherwise I will :lol:)

26 seconds of opening credits -- too long. Move it to the back end.
A jarring jump cut at :37. That's when I quit watching.

Good luck.

You told the story visually - a big plus. I don't speak Spanish nor french, but I understand everything.
The lighting's bad, the sound's bad, the editing is... bad, Director's choices-not impressive, but, boy did I like the premise... Every scene is fully charged.
I wish you can shoot a remake of this film. (Otherwise I will :lol:)

Thanks for the comments, the lighting was a poor attempt with little material and no expertise. It could have been far worse, but long to go.
There were more people in front of the camera than behind it, also that explains lots of problems we had with the sound. Lots of voice over.

Yeah, the opening credits run for too long. And what's with the cheesy music?
It's not well done, but It's worth a watch-the seed is good. :)

Yeah, the opening credits run for too long. And what's with the cheesy music?
It's not well done, but It's worth a watch-the seed is good. :)

The credits were meant to be part of the story line to show they have been playing for a while... It was also to set the pace, else it would have been too fast initially and too slow later. Still I understand your point, we should aim for shorter intros.

And the music... well we couldn't have many free sources of music... maybe we are too cheesy, and we aimed for the soap opera look :)

I like it. The pacing was good. A lot of 5 minute films here should be 2 minutes.:) But this was paced pretty well. The ending was a bit anti-climactic.

I guess I expected something else. It was a bit obvious. ?? I'm watching the film and then "pfft" it over.

It's the Mayor of Casrebridge retold... In a short film... The reaction of the guy, stabbing her, was an interesting turn.
I agree with you, the very ending could have been more interesting. (Or shall I say.. more climactic) :lol:

I guess I expected something else. It was a bit obvious. ?? I'm watching the film and then "pfft" it over.

Thanks for the comments, we are very poor in lighting knowledge, and our team is tiny and without much experience, only 2 people behind the camera... Still we are getting a bit better every time. We tried to avoid being too static, keep the pace right, and have a decent story line.

We initially had a slightly different ending, not saying it would have been more climatic, but our props failed misserably on the day. There were guns involved... so we re-shaped the end using a knife.

I always struggle with the end, I can manage to build an interesting storyline and then plof... there it goes the end...

2001: A space odyssey had the longest intro in the world. Just saying.

A feature film is different, especially if you've name actors and/or director.

A short should not more than one title card at the beginning of the short (AND ESPECIALLY NOT YOUR COOL LOOKING CGI LOGO!), and perhaps 2 title cards (a few seconds each) max at the end. The last image viewers should see is your website url then a fade out from that

Good luck!

Actually, I dissagree. Many great shorts fail on the credits as it is the least interesting item to watch or to create.

I read many times that festival judges moan about this topic.
Not saying here they are good, far from it, but we like to pay some attention to them, and maybe that make us fail on other way.

Actually, I dissagree. Many great shorts fail on the credits as it is the least interesting item to watch or to create.

I read many times that festival judges moan about this topic.
Not saying here they are good, far from it, but we like to pay some attention to them, and maybe that make us fail on other way.

Most people watching shorts aren't filmmakers (or maybe they are?) and CGI and credits up front is distracting. FIlmmakers, on the other hand may be looking to pre-judge other filmmakers by the "coolness" of their opening logo. :yes:

:cool:

I know what you mean. Maybe it is a good distraction so people don't realize the mistakes later on ;)

Our "cgi" intro is under update, we aim to make it shorter.

I don't think there is anything distracting about having a logo at the beginning of a short. If you stop watching because of that then... well.. we won't go there :)

Back